Ford and Zagat Create Foodie Road Trip for the Ages
Last Month, Ford teamed with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos to put together a list of 10 musical acts who they feel best represent the future of music. Today, Ford is updating us on the second installment in its ICON50 series, which centers primarily around the influence of food in pop culture and features involvement from Zagat.
“For 35 years, Zagat has inspired us to go out and explore new restaurants and culinary destinations, helping to shape the food map of America,” said Melanie Banker, Mustang brand manager, Ford Motor Company. “This sense of freedom and exploration is synonymous with Ford Mustang, and what the car has represented over the last five decades. We’re excited to be working with Zagat on this unique program taking a look at the future of the culinary scene, and we invite Americans to get a taste of what’s next.”
Related: 2015 Mustang Is A True Spectacle
As with the first part of ICON50, Ford and Zagat have released a list of 10 up-and-coming chefs. They are:
- April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig, New York
- David Bouley of Bouley Restaurant, New York
- Roy Choi of Kogi Korean BBQ Truck, Los Angeles
- Dominique Crenn of Atelier Crenn, San Francisco
- Curtis Duffy of Grace, Chicago
- Nick Kokonas and Grant Achatz of Alinea and Next, Chicago
- Barbara Lynch of No. 9 Park, Boston
- Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette of Toro and Coppa, Boston
- Nancy Silverton of Mozza, Los Angeles
- Mike Solomonov of Zahav, Philadelphia
Unfortunately, 16-year-old Trevor Bastille from the Pizza Hut down the road was not a finalist despite his astonishing pie-making skills. You’ll get ‘em next time, Trev.
As with the Hard Rock segment of ICON50, there is a road trip map that lists various must-stop places for food across America, from Alden + Harlow near Harvard to Cochon on Andrew Higgins in New Orleans. You can check out the full list, which also neglected poor Trevor’s work at Pizza Hut, at http://www.fordmustangicon50map.appspot.com/#.
Stay tuned for the final two legs of the tour, which will be co-sponsored by ESPN The Magazine and Mashable and should arrive sometime in early-mid 2015.