GM Sponsors 2015 Military Times Service Member of the Year Awards
General Motors assisted in honoring five men and women, each one a representative of a brand of the US military, at the 2015 Military Times Service Member of the Year Awards on Tuesday.
GM served as a corporate sponsor for the event, which is in its 15th year and was attended by several government officials. The awards identify servicemen and servicewomen who exemplify American courage and pride; awards are given to one member of each military branch, including the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
Shopping for a New Chevrolet? See Current National Sales Incentives
“These five men and women represent the character, commitment and values of the U.S. military,” said GM Chief Diversity Officer Ken Barrett, who is also a retired Navy captain.
This year’s winners are the following:
- Staff Sergeant Joseph Fontenot (US Army; Fort Campbell, Kentucky)
- Staff Sergeant Zachary Rubart (US Marines; Washington, D.C.)
- Hospital Corpsman Third Class Sara Freeman (US Navy; Norfolk, Virginia)
- Senior Airman Joseph Moreland (US Air Force; Hurlburt Field, Florida)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician Second Class Lee Biladeau (US Coast Guard; Traverse City, Michigan)
Shopping for a New Buick? See Current National Sales Incentives