Here’s a Look at the 2019 GMC Lineup’s Major Changes and New Features
What’s changing for the 2019 GMC lineup? The completely redesigned Sierra 1500 is grabbing most of the attention, and rightfully so. Here’s a look at some of the major new features slated for the Sierra, along with a glance at the less-dramatic changes made to the rest of the 2019 GMC lineup.
Comfortable Crossover: Learn more about the versatile GMC Terrain
2019 GMC Terrain
The GMC Terrain was completely redesigned for 2018, so the 2019 model only features a handful of changes.
- A new HD Rear Vision Camera is available, as is the new Smokey Quartz Metallic exterior paint color.
- A new Black Edition is available for SLE and SLT models. It includes 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, black mirror caps and roof rails, special black badging, and a darkened grille insert.
- A new Chrome Package is available for the SLT. It includes 19-inch machined aluminum wheels, chrome mirror caps, and a chrome grille with chrome surround.
- The Denali trim features available Surround Vision.
2019 GMC Acadia
Changes for the 2019 GMC Acadia are fairly minor.
- Four new exterior colors are available: Red Quartz Metallic, Smokey Quartz Metallic, Dark Sky Metallic, and Pepperdust Metallic.
- Like the Terrain, the Acadia is receiving a new Black Edition. It’s only available on the SLT trim and features 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with black accents, black lamp details, black grille insert and surround, and other black accents.
- The All Terrain package, available on SLE and SLT trims, now offers 17-inch wheels and P255/65R17 all-terrain tires.
2019 GMC Yukon/Yukon XL
- The regular Graphite Edition package is available on the SLT trim. It includes 22-inch bright machined wheels with Carbon Flash Metallic pockets, black fog lamp surrounds, a black chrome grille mesh insert and body-color grille surround, black assist steps, and the Z85 suspension package.
- The Graphite Performance Edition Package is also available on the SLT trim. It includes a 6.2-liter V8 engine that gets 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, a 10-speed automatic transmission, 22-inch six-spoke black wheels, Magnetic Ride Control, an 8-inch color touch screen and 8-inch driver information center, Bose active noise cancellation, a trailer brake controller, a high capacity air cleaner, and a two-speed active transfer case for 4WD.
- Three new colors are available: Pepperdust Metallic, Dark Sky Metallic, and Smokey Quartz Metallic.
2019 GMC Canyon
The GMC Canyon offers several changes and new features for 2019.
- A new GMC Infotainment System is standard and includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, real-time traffic, cloud-connected navigation, enhanced voice recognition, automatic software updates, and more.
- A digital rear-vision camera replaces the old analog camera on all trims except the base.
- Rear Park Assist is now available.
- Four new colors are available: Blue Emerald Metallic, Smokey Quartz Metallic, Sedona Metallic, and Dark Sky Metallic.
- The SLE, All Terrain, SLT, and Denali trims get a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and the SLE gets new 17-inch wheels.
- Wireless charging and a heated steering wheel are available on more trims.
2019 GMC Sierra 1500
The GMC Sierra 1500 has been completely redesigned for 2019 and offers a wealth of new features. Here are a few of the highlights.
- The 2019 Sierra offers four new engines: a 2.7-liter four cylinder turbo, a 5.3-liter V8, a 6.2-liter V8, and a 3.0-liter inline-six turbo-diesel. The two new V8s are built with Dynamic Fuel Management technology for greater efficiency.
- The new MultiPro Tailgate provides six functions and positions and easier access to the cargo box. Speaking of the cargo box, the Sierra offers an industry-first CarbonPro carbon fiber option.
- The Sierra’s redesigned body is hundreds of pounds lighter while also being larger and longer than the previous year’s model.
- New available technology includes a multicolor Head-Up Display, a Rear Camera Mirror, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, HD Surround Vision, and a ProGrade Trailering System.
- The new double-cab Elevation trim offers stylish monochromatic and black features.
- The new AT4 trim features powerful off-road capability and includes special shocks, a lifted body, a two-speed transfer case and locking rear differential, all-terrain tires, and exclusive styling cues.
Sophisticated SUV: Meet the capable, spacious GMC Acadia