The Honda Fit was first introduced to the industry in 2001, right when the industry was making a move towards producing more compact cars. Since its introduction, the Fit has established itself as a top car in Honda’s lineup, offering both a low fuel economy and price tag.
The Fit is a subcompact car that began production in June 2001 at six different Honda assembly plants: Suzuka, Japan; Sumaré, Brazil; Guangzhou, China; Ayutthaya, Thailand; Karawang, Indonesia; and Laguna, Philippines. It was officially introduced to the North American market on January 8, 2006 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. In Asian and European markets, the Fit replaced the Honda Logo in the brand’s lineup.
When the Fit was first introduced, it had two trim levels, Base and Sport, with a single engine option. Now, even though it still offers only the two trim levels, the powertrain options have expanded to include a hybrid powertrain, though this option is not available in the U.S., and an all-electric car variant sold in select markets.
Honda Fit Awards
- Japan Car of the Year, 2001-2002 and 2007-2008
- RJC Car of the Year Award 2002
- Car and Driver’s Best small Car from 2007-2013
- Top Gear Survey 2006, Best Small Car
- Top Gear Survey 2005, Second Best out of All Cars in Survey
- MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Awards 2007, Best Small Car
- MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Awards 2007, Best of the Year
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Economy Car for 2008
- Cars.com, Top 10 Urban Vehicles for 2008
- Consumer Reports, 2010- 2012 Best Overall Value
Our staff are the most knowledgeable in the Central Valley. We believe in offering our customers a friendly ‘no-pressure’ sales experience. Whether you are buying a new Honda, a Certified Pre-owned Honda, or any other pre-owned vehicle, we want you to know we are committed to providing you with unrivaled customer service. We want you to feel at home with us year after year, car after car..