Hyundai Motors Provides Support in the Wake of Hurricanes Harvey & Irma
In the past few months, Hurricanes Harvey and Irma have devastated parts of the southern United States, changing numerous lives forever. In such a time of disaster, people and companies across the nation are pitching in to lend a hand.
Upon the initial storm’s arrival, Hyundai Motor America began a wave of efforts to assist those in need in Texas and Florida. Here’s what Hyundai has been doing to respond to and provide relief from the recent hurricanes.
Behind the Brand: Learn more about how Hyundai came to be
Hyundai’s Hurricane Relief Efforts
Hyundai has expressed its concern for victims of these disasters and taken a variety of actions to provide disaster relief and recovery assistance, such as
- A $300,000 donation to the American Red Cross.
- A $200,000 donation to multiple Texas children’s hospitals’ pediatric oncology programs.
- Payment relief solutions and special arrangements for those affected by the disasters through Hyundai’s financial company.
- Discounts offered by some dealerships on new models for those who had vehicles damaged by the storms; also, up-to-90-day first payment deferral is available in affected states.
- Customers in affected areas can receive free vehicle inspections to determine if the storm affected their rides.
“We are concerned about the well-being and immediate safety of our customers that have been displaced by this unprecedented storm,” said Ross Williams, President & CEO of Hyundai Capital America. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Texas and all across the Gulf coast.”
During this time, the 3-millionth Elantra was sold. To commemorate this milestone, Hyundai presented Henry Rogers, a Houston-area Paramedic Field Supervisor, with a new 2018 Elantra after his home was flooded while he was on call rescuing citizens.
Thanks to the efforts of local neighbors and businesses miles away, those in Florida and Texas can find solace following these disasters.
Servicing Your Car: Answers to commonly asked vehicle maintenance questions