Interactive Hot Wheels Exhibit Races into Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
This Memorial Day weekend marks the 100th running of the illustrious Indianapolis 500 race, and the city is pulling out all the stops to make sure this anniversary lives up to the anticipation. The entire month is filled with celebratory events and activities relating to Naptown’s prestigious auto-racing heritage.
Even die-cast model car manufacturer Hot Wheels has joined in on the revelry, contributing its own creative highlights (including a custom trophy covered in model cars). Appealing to families with children of all ages, Hot Wheels is racing into the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis with a temporary exhibit running now through August 14th–and it’s a must-visit for fans of all ages.
Perfect For a Drive to Indy: Learn more about the 2016 Nissan Altima’s impressive features
Information on the Hot Wheels: Race to Win Exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Hot Wheels: Race to Win exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis opened a week ago and is filled with creative, hands-on activities that all enthusiasts can enjoy. Filled with the company’s popular die-cast cars–and even some full-size vehicles–this temporary exhibit bears a number of highlights.
- Enjoy interactive experiences with die-cast cars to test physics and speed concepts
- Find the difference between race and passenger tires
- Investigate the different parts and sounds in an engine
- View the cross-section of a champion-winning IndyCar that’s been cut in half
- Learn through Hot Wheels Speedometry, a curriculum created to “accelerate” students’ educations
- See Indy500 cars on display from the Motor Speedway Hall of Fame, an exclusive full-size Hot Wheels Batman v Superman Twin Mill car, and the custom Champion Trophy for the Indy 500 race.
“We hope hands-on exploration and testing will not only encourage children and families to problem-solve together as they build tracks and test each car’s performance,” explained said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president & CEO of The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, “but will prompt parents and grandparents to share fond memories of their first toys and cars with the younger generation.”
Hot Wheels: Race to Win looks like a fun exhibit that’s definitely worth checking out. I know I’ll be stopping by this summer; hopefully you will too!
Fun for the Whole Family: Check out the 2016 Nissan Rogue crossover that’s perfect for kids and parents alike
- Location: 3000 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208
- Dates: May 14, 2016 – August 14, 2016
- Cost: Free with standard museum admission
- Phone: 317-334-4000
- Website: https://www.childrensmuseum.org/exhibits/hot-wheels
- Aaron WidmarSenior Editor
Aaron is unashamed to be a native Clevelander and the proud driver of a 1995 Saturn SC-2 (knock on wood). He gleefully utilizes his background in theater, literature, and communication to dramatically recite his own articles to nearby youth. Mr. Widmar happily resides in Dayton, Ohio with his magnificent wife, Vicki, but is often on the road with her exploring new destinations. Aaron has high aspirations for his writing career but often gets distracted pondering the profound nature of the human condition and forgets what he was writing... See more articles by Aaron.