Jeep Unveils Seven Models for 50th Annual Easter Jeep Safari
If there was ever a heaven for Jeep lovers, I’m pretty sure it would look a whole lot like the Easter Jeep Safari. Every year, off-roaders take on the famous, challenging trails of Moab, Utah during this event, putting their vehicles to the test—and this year is no different. From March 19th to the 28th, thousands of off-road enthusiasts will be flocking to the 50th Annual Easter Jeep Safari, and Jeep wants to commemorate the event right with seven concept vehicles built specifically for the event.
“Every year, the Jeep team looks forward to pushing the limits with new, exciting, and capable concept vehicles for our most loyal enthusiasts at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, where we receive a tremendous amount of valuable feedback,” said Mike Manley, the head of Jeep for FCA Global. “This year is extra special, as together with our biggest fans, we celebrate Jeep’s 75th anniversary, as well as the 50th running of the Jeep Safari.”
While Jeep already released the teaser image for two of its seven models, we now know exactly what they look like. The list of models is an interesting and diverse one with something for every off-roading Jeep lover. Here are the seven Easter Jeep Safari concept models:
- Jeep Crew Chief 715: This is one of the teaser images we got a glimpse of earlier this month. It’s a salute to Jeep’s military history
- Jeep Shortcut: This Jeep can handle tight, winding trails and is inspired by the classic CJ-5
- Jeep Renegade Commander: Secluded wilderness is this Renegade’s friend. Add its custom body decal and open-air roof, and you’ve got one kick ass car
- Jeep Comanche: The perfect combination of off-road-ready and practicality, the Comanche is the pinnacle of Jeeps. It has some influences from both Jeep’s military and civilian history
- Jeep FC 150: Go back in time with this true American concept which has the body of the 1960 model and the ability to tackle rocky trails
- Jeep Trailcat: This is one tough kitty cat. The Trailcat is an off-road machine with a supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V8 engine and a robust off-road style. It’s also one of the two teaser images we saw previously
- Jeep Trailstorm: Like the Trailcat, this Jeep is perfect for getting off the beaten path. With more room for gear and fuel tanks—and the body of the Wrangler Unlimited—the Trailstorm is truly one-of-a-kind
Excuse me while I wipe up my drool.
While these vehicles won’t enter production anytime soon, it really does give Jeep lovers a chance to see what the brand’s vehicles are capable of—as if they didn’t know already.
PHOTOS: Check out all of the Easter Jeep Safari concept models
- Caitlin MoranEditor
A born-and-raised Jersey girl, Caitlin Moran has somehow found herself settled in Edinburgh, Scotland. When she’s not spending her days trying to remember which side of the road to drive on, Caitlin enjoys getting down and nerdy with English. She continues to combine her love of writing with her love of cars for The News Wheel, while also learning more about the European car market—including the fact that the Seat brand is pronounced “se-at” not “seat” as you might think. See more articles by Caitlin.