Mercedes-Benz G-Class Overview
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class is a luxury SUV with a starting MSRP of $119,900. Loaded with many advanced technologies and also capable of towing up to 7,000 lbs, the Mercedes-Benz G-Class is one of the most powerful and luxurious SUVs available on the automotive marketplace.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class comes in three trim levels: G550, AMG G63, and AMG G65.
What’s new for the 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class comes standard with a new 4.0-liter turbocharged V8 engine, which provides an additional 34 horsepower and 59 lb-ft of torque over the previous model’s normally aspirated V8 engine. A new trim has also been added for the 2016 model year–called the AMG G65–which comes with a 5.5-liter V12 engine good for 621 horsepower and 738 lb-ft or torque.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Photos:
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class offers a boxy design that features plenty of hard right angles. LED running lights, 19-inch alloy wheels, and a sunroof come standard for this SUV. If you opt for the G63 model, then your G-Class SUV will feature larger 20-inch wheels and a sport exhaust system. Exterior color options for the Mercedes-Benz G-Class include Black, Palladium Silver Metallic, Paprika Metallic, Dakota Brown Metallic, Polar White, Storm Red Metallic, Midnight Blue, Jade Green Metallic, and Agate Green.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz G55
- Locking fuel cap, Power-adjustable heated exterior mirrors with memory, Rain sensor wipers, Bi-Xenon HID headlights, All-season tires
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63
- Adds to or replaces features on G55: Performance all-season tires
Exterior available on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG G65
- Contains the same exterior features as the AMG G63.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Performance
Each trim level of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class features its own unique engine:
- The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G550 comes equipped with a 4.0-liter biturbo engine good for 416 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63 is loaded with a handcrafted 5.5-liter AMG biturbo engine, which pumps out 563 horsepower and 561 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG G65 packs a handcrafted 6.0-liter AMG biturbo V12 engine, which is capable of 621 horsepower and 738 lb-ft of torque.
Each engine is matched with a seven-speed automatic transmission.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Efficiency
Fuel efficiency 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class depends on which trim level the buyer chooses:
- The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G550 yields an EPA-estimated 13 mpg in the city and 14 mpg on the highway.
- The 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG 63 and AMG 65 both yield an EPA-estimated 12 mpg in the city and 14 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class comes standard with a 25.4 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Interior
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class features a luxurious interior that comes with leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, a rearview camera, wood trim, and COMAND infotainment system. The G-Class also offers 79.5 cubic feet of storage space with the rear seats folded down.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Mercedes-Benz G55
- Universal garage door opener, Cargo cover, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Genuine wood trim, Leather seats, Multi-adjustable power front seats with memory, Second-row folding seat, Heated and cooled front seats, Automatic climate control, Separate driver/front passenger climate controls, Front power steel sliding sunroof, Front armrest storage, First aid kit
Interior available on the Mercedes-Benz AMG G63
- Adds to or replaces features on G55: Optional genuine wood trim on steering wheel
Interior available on the Mercedes-Benz AMG G65
- Contains the same interior features as the AMG G63.
2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Safety
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class features permanent all-wheel drive and it also comes standard with DISTRONIC PLUS Intelligent Cruise Control, which uses radar-based technology to adapt its speed to that of the car in front of it. Other advanced safety features offered with the Mercedes-Benz G-Class include traction and stability control, a blind-spot monitoring system, a rearview camera, four-wheel antilock brakes, front and rear parking sensors, remote lock/unlock, stolen vehicle location, automatic collision notification, hill hold assist, and an emergency response button.
Standard Safety Features
- Driver airbag
- Passenger airbag
- Side head curtain airbags
- Vehicle Theft Tracking Notification
- Front airbag deactivation
- Side guard door beams
- Belt-Force limiter
- PARKTRONIC parking aid with camera
- DISTRONIC PLUS Intelligent Cruise Control