[Photos] 2016 GMC Terrain, Terrain Denali Arrives in New York
GMC has unveiled the all-new 2016 Terrain and Terrain Denali at the 2015 New York International Auto Show, boasting “a new, more contemporary front-end.”
Indeed, the new Terrain is significantly improved up front with a completely reworked front fascia, but it’s also greatly upgraded in the back. New features such as LED daytime running lamps, chrome accents, and a power dome hood make the new Terrain a standout in its class, and a number of safety and technology upgrades will give it a broader appeal for customers both new and old.
“Terrain is a popular choice in the growing compact SUV segment, introducing drivers to GMC’s professional grade design and features,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “The changes for 2016 provide consumers with even more reasons to consider Terrain as it continues to be a smart choice for customers seeking versatility, style and technology.”
Per GMC, new features and upgrades to the Terrain and Terrain Denali are as follows:
- Front and rear fascias with C-shaped lower chrome
- Chrome-accented grille designs for SLE, SLT and Denali
- Power dome hood design
- LED daytime running lamps (uplevel models only)
- 18-inch aluminum wheel design (non-Denali models)
- 19-inch aluminum wheel design (Denali only)
- Revised instrument panel with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Premium cloth seat fabric standard on SL and SLE models
- Saddle Up leather interior available on SLT
- Light Titanium/Jet Black interior combination offered on Denali
- Front passenger eight-way power-adjustable seat offered on SLT (previously available only on Denali)
- Chrome-trimmed transmission shifter
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on SLE and SLT (previous available only on Denali).
- White Frost Tricoat and Crimson Red Tintcoat premium exterior colors.
The 2016 Terrain comes standard with an Ecotec 2.4-liter direct-injected engine that returns an impressive 32 highway mpg. The available 3.6-liter direct-injected V6 offers best-in-class 301 horsepower and 272 lb-ft of torque while also providing trailering capacity up to 3,500 lbs.
The 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali are scheduled to go on sale in the fall. Pricing will be announced in the months ahead.