Seattle Goes Mad with Limited-Time ‘Mad Max’ Uber Drivers
It’s likely you’ve heard of the new Mad Max video game that came out yesterday. That is, unless you live under a rock. To celebrate the release of this highly anticipated game, Uber and Mad Max joined forces in Seattle, Washington from Friday, August 28th to Monday, August 31st, giving Seattle citizens the opportunity to go a bit mad—and to get a free trip to Valhalla.
Need to Get Away? The 2016 Kia Sorento is the perfect getaway vehicle
The slightly controversial and well-known car service offered people in Seattle the opportunity to choose a Mad Max Uber car for their transportation. If you wanted a Mad Max Uber car, though, you had to pay attention to some very specific instructions. Here they are, straight from the mouth of an Uber press release:
- Open the Uber app in downtown Seattle and request MAD MAX
- Demand will be high and availability is limited, but if your timing is right, a Warboy will swoop you up in a car ripped from the world of the Mad Max video game and brought to life on the streets of our fair city!
- Cars vary in size. Your Warboy will let you know how many riders (1, 3, or 4) he can keep safe from marauders.
- Trips must begin and stay within downtown Seattle. The Wasteland is vast and gas is precious—the Warboys must remain near their Stronghold.
- Your dollars are worthless in the Wasteland. Payment shall not be required.
The Washington Wasteland Goes Green: See how the state is supporting eco-friendly vehicles
Needless to say, the presence of Mad Max cars throughout the downtown area got a lot of attention, with many people taking to social media to illustrate their findings:
— Uber Seattle (@Uber_SEA) August 28, 2015
— Loxiee Loxx (@LoxieeLoxx) September 1, 2015