Six Finalists of Ford Smart Mobility Game Challenge Announced
Ford has announced that it has selected the six finalists in its Ford Smart Mobility Game Challenge; and that they include games focused on finding companionship, reducing smog in their city, planning routes, and taking selfies among other things.
Love Cookies? Who Doesn’t: So have these three delicious recipes in honor of Peanut Butter Lovers Month
The challenge was originally announced at Gamescom in August as a means to communicate the concepts of adapting transportation models to urban modality and the importance of ideas like sustainability and pedestrian awareness. The winner of the challenge will earn a €10,000 grand prize and the opportunity to present their game at the Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
Per Ford, the six finalists and their descriptions are as follows:
- deCommute – a route-planning game, with users competing in teams to reach milestones such as distance travelled, and also earning points for adventurous, energy- and time-efficient journeys
- ECO Saviour – a multiplayer game that rewards players for reducing smog levels in a virtual version of their city by awarding “pollution points” based on how they travel in the real world
- Jaunt – an interactive tool that matches users with travel companions for regular commutes and spur-of-the-moment outings, to save money, make new friends, and travel safely
- moopi – a Smart Mobility Hackathon-winning app concept that enables users to nurture a “moopi” avatar by adapting their journeys to make the most efficient use of the road network
- SelfieGo – a selfie-challenge app that livens up commutes with a GPS-enabled map that shows the optimal route to take selfies at a city’s major attractions, and enables them to be shared on social media
- wave-calmer – a Smart Mobility Hackathon-winning concept that turns traffic jams into a game by encouraging drivers to maintain a steady speed using graphics projected on to the windscreen, helping traffic move more smoothly and preventing accidents
The finalists will have until a January 11th deadline to fully develop the games, and the field will be halved in order to present the three top choices and determine the grand prize-winner at the Mobile World Congress on February 22nd.
Ford Chooses The Rock for New Ad Campaign: He is super effective