TAWA Names 2015 Grand Cherokee the SUV of Texas
Chrysler Group takes home 8 additional awards
It really comes as no surprise that the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) named the 2015 Grand Cherokee the SUV of Texas at this year’s Texas Truck Rodeo. After all, the Grand Cherokee has taken home the coveted SUV of Texas award for five years running, with no end in sight.
But the Grand Cherokee’s victory was only the tip of the very big iceberg for Chrysler Group this past weekend. The automaker managed to snag an additional eight awards; even more impressive, Jeep managed to win in all five categories into which it was entered.
Winners were determined over a two-day period, which included a number of on- and off-road tests. More than 60 members of TAWA decided the final winners via a vote.
“Once again the Chrysler Group brought an extraordinary product lineup to the Texas Truck Rodeo,” said Michael Marrs, president of TAWA. “The performance and quality of the Jeep and Ram products at the Rodeo were impressive with powertrain and technology innovations that are tough to beat. The Jeep Grand Cherokee especially continues to outshine the competition by once again winning the SUV of Texas title.”
In addition to naming the 2015 Grand Cherokee the SUV of Texas, TAWA doled out these other distinctions to Chrysler Group:
- Compact SUV of Texas: 2015 Jeep Cherokee
- Mid-Size SUV of Texas: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury Mid-Size SUV of Texas: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
- Off-Road Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2015 Jeep Wrangler
- Heavy Duty Truck of Texas: 2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty
- Off-Road Truck of Texas: 2015 Ram Power Wagon
- Best Powertrain: 3.0-liter EcoDiesel (in the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Ram 1500)
- Best Connectivity: Chrysler Group Uconnect (in Jeep, Ram, and Dodge)