Texas Auto Writers Association Awards FCA US Brands Top Honors
Texas really likes Fiat Chrysler. A lot. The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) recently held its annual Texas Truck Rodeo. During this rodeo, a variety of pickups, SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vehicles were put to the test. The goal? To determine which vehicles are built as tough as a Texan—and eight FCA US vehicles walked away with top honors.
Other FCA US Awards: Dodge and Jeep rake in more awards for a variety of models
The competition hosted 88 pickups, SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vehicles. To determine the winners, 69 TAWA members voted after putting each model through two days of on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Each TAWA member considered everything from each vehicle’s style to their value, determining the models worthy of this prestigious award.
Here is a list of the winners and their awards:
- 2016 Ram 1500—Full-size Pickup Truck
- 2016 Ram 2500—Heavy Duty Pickup Truck
- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee—Mid-size SUV
- 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit—Mid-size Luxury SUV
- 2016 Jeep Cherokee—Compact SUV
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited—Off-Road Utility Vehicle
- 2015 Jeep Renegade—Compact Crossover Utility Vehicle
- 2015 Dodge Durango—Full-size SUV
Get Even Tougher: Jeep Night Eagle Editions offer rough and tumble capabilities
Photos of the winners: