What to Bring to a Drive-in Movie
We all know how expensive going to the movies can be. According to the National Association of Theater Owners, the average price of a movie ticket in 2011 was $7.93, though we’re sure it’s higher now, especially with the popularity of 3D movies. Including concessions, a trip to the movies for a family of four can easily reach $50.
Now imagine going to the movies and bringing whatever food you want, talking without getting ostracized forever, walking around, and even bringing young kids that that like to make noise: welcome to the drive-in movies! Almost all drive-in ticket prices will be less than a traditional theater with some even having a per carload price. And, best of all, you will usually get to see two movies, sometimes three.
Now that you want to go, the first thing you need to do is find a drive-in movie theater near you. Drive-ins.com has a wealth of information to find all the information you need.
Once you’ve decided where to go, here are a few things you should bring:
- Food and drink. The drive-in will most likely have concessions, but we think it’s more fun to bring your own. Bring anything you want, but snack-like, picnic food works the best. Some theaters allow alcohol, but make sure you have a designated driver on-hand.
- Pillows and blankets. As the hour gets late, you may want to lie down and relax while watching your movie and, if you brought the kids, they may actually fall asleep.
- Seating. Bring lawn chairs to sit in. Depending on the type of vehicle you have, you may not have the best visibility, especially in the back seats.
- Radio. To hear the movie, you have to tune in to a specific station. So, if you’ll be sitting outside of your car, it’s best to bring a portable radio for the best sound.
- A few necessities. We highly recommend bringing insect repellent as the bright movie lights attract mosquitoes. You should also bring hand sanitizer as drive-in bathrooms usually aren’t the most sanitary.
Have fun and enjoy the movies! Tell us what movie you saw in the comments below.
Brought to you by: Varsity Lincoln of Novi, MI
Varsity Lincoln has been a top Lincoln dealer since 1997 and is dedicated to providing customers in the Detroit, Michigan, area with one hundred percent satisfaction. They have been awarded the President’s Award for Customer Satisfaction and are the only Lincoln dealer in North America to receive the Triple Crown Award from the Ford Motor Company.