2016 Acura RDX Overview
With a starting MSRP of $35,270, it comes as no surprise the RDX is one of Acura’s most popular and best-selling automobiles. For the 2016 model year, this small SUV from Acura offers new advanced safety systems and notable exterior design changes, and also comes available with an innovative infotainment system.
The 2016 Acura RDX is available in five trim levels: RDX, RDX with AcuraWatch Plus, RDX with Technology Package, RDX with Technology and AcuraWatch Plus Packages, and RDX with Advance Package. Each trim level comes with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
Celebrity Rides: You won’t believe these 5 stars drive bright pink cars
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Acura RDX?
The 2016 Acura RDX comes with more horsepower and torque than last year’s model, as well as better fuel efficiency on the highway. An optional package called AcuraWatch also offers advanced safety options that weren’t available for the 2015 model year.
2016 Acura RDX Photos:
2016 Acura RDX Exterior
The 2016 Acura RDX comes with a few notable design changes for the 2016 model year, such as new Jewel Eye headlights, fresh taillights, and a restyled grille. Furthermore, the 2016 Acura RDX comes standard with heated side mirrors and 18-inch wheels. Exterior color options for the 2016 Acura RDX include Graphite Luster Metallic, Kona Coffee Metallic, Slate Silver Metallic, White Diamond pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, and Basque Red Pearl II.
2016 Acura RDX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Acura RDX
- Remote-linked power-operated tailgate; Power moonroof with tilt feature, auto-open/close, and auto-reverse; Jewel Eye® LED headlights; Mirror-integrated LED directional signals; Rear privacy glass; Intermittent rear windshield wiper; Hood dampers
2016 Acura RDX Performance
The 2016 Acura RDX is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission that provide the small SUV with 279 horsepower and 252 lb-ft or torque. In testing performed by Edmunds, the new RDX was able to propel itself from 0-to-60 mph in just 6.5 seconds.
2016 Acura RDX Efficiency
Fuel efficiency ratings for the 2016 Acura RDX vary, depending on whether you choose the standard front-wheel drive format or available all-wheel drive:
- The standard FWD model yields 20/29 mpg city/highway
- The optional AWD model yields 19/28 mpg city/highway
2016 Acura RDX Interior
The interior cabin of the 2016 Acura RDX provides seating for five, abundant cargo space, and a slew of entertaining technology options. With the rear seats folded down, the new Acura RDX offers 61.3 cubic feet of cargo space. Standard features for the 2016 RDX include a rearview camera, seven-speaker sound system, leather upholstery, and a keyless access system. A dual-screen infotainment system is also available with the 2016 Acura RDX.
2016 Acura RDX Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Acura RDX
- Leatherette-trimmed sport seats and interior trim, Driver’s 10-way power seat, Front passenger’s 4-way power seat, Heated front seats, Easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Rear-seat center armrest with beverage holders, Keyless Access System, Dual-zone automatic climate control with air filtration, Rear passenger climate control vents, Active Sound Control, Automatic dimming rearview mirror, Tilt an telescoping steering column, Steering wheel-mounted controls, Center console front armrest with upper phone tray, Front-door storage compartments, 12-volt power outlets, Multi-Information Display, Rear window defroster with timer, Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
Interior available on the 2016 Acura RDX with AcuraWatch Plus
- Includes the same interior features the base model RDX.
Interior available on the 2016 Acura RDX with Technology Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RDX with AcuraWatch Plus: Sport seats with perforated leather-trimmed interior; 8-way power front passenger’s seat; On Demand Multi-Use Display™; GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control
Interior available on the 2016 Acura RDX with Technology and AcuraWatch Plus Packages
- Includes the same interior features the RDX with Technology Package.
Interior available on the 2016 Acura RDX with Advance Package
- Adds to or replaces features on RDX with Technology and AcuraWatch Plus Packages:
2016 Acura RDX Safety
The 2016 Acura RDX was awarded the best rating of “Good” in crash tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2016 RDX also received a five star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The optional AcuraWatch package offers advanced safety technology like lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, and forward collision braking.
Standard Safety Features
- LATCH child-seat mounting system
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags
- Side-impact door beams
- Front side airbags with SmartVent technology
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control and motion adaptive steering
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with location and pressure indicators
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Daytime Running Lights
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure
- Theft-deterrent system with electronic immobilizer
Fact or Fiction: Does Drake actually own a Maybach 62S worth more than $1 million?