2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Overview
The 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is the big boy of the Chevrolet truck lineup, a pickup that can tow up to 23,200 pounds and boasts a maximum payload of 7,153 pounds. The Silverado 3500HD is available in four different wheelbases, three cab styles, two bed lengths and two engine options: a 6.0-liter V8 and an even beefier 6.6-liter Duramax turbo-diesel.
Related info: 2016 Chevy Silverado HD tech and towing
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD?
For 2016, the Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD gets several key changes. Chromed aluminum wheels are new, as is the available MyLink audio system with 7-inch color touch screen and wireless charging. Chevy adds Power steering with active Hydraulic Assist and recirculating ball for this model year, as well.
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is offered in four trims: WT, LT, LTZ, and High Country. WT and LT trims are available for Regular Cab, Double Cab, and Crew Cab body styles; the LTZ trim is available for Double Cab and Crew Cab body styles; and the High Country trim is available for Crew Cab models only. Regular Cab and Double Cab models are available with Long Box only; Crew Cab models are available with either Standard Box or Long Box. All Long Box models are available in Single Rear or Dual Rear Wheel configurations. All models are offered with either 2WD/RWD or 4WD. Prices and equipment vary by configuration.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Photos:
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Exterior
The rugged exterior of the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is one of its greatest assets. Chrome bumpers on the front and the rear serve to both protect and enhance aesthetic. To help you carry heavy payloads, the fully boxed frame rails are made of high-strength steel with nine cross-members. The aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe also add a nice touch.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD WT
- 18-inch painted steel wheels; LT265/70R18E all-season, blackwall tires; 18-inch x 8-inch full-size steel spare wheel; Tire carrier lock; Front chrome bumper; Rear chrome bumper; CornerStep rear bumper; Chrome grille surround; Halogen projector-beam headlamps; Cab-mounted cargo-area lamps; Manual trailer mirrors; Solar-absorbing glass; Black door handles; Top tailgate and bed rail protection caps; Locking tailgate; Daytime running lamps; Aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
Exterior features available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 3500HD LT: 18-inch chromed aluminum wheels, Body-color bodyside moldings, Heated power-adjustable vertical trailering mirrors, Deep-tinted glass, Body-color door handles, EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, Remote Locking Tailgate
Exterior features available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on 3500HD LT: Chrome bodyside molding; Fog lamps; Power heated trailering mirror with turn signal, LED rear guidance lamp, running lamp, power folding, and chrome cap; Power-sliding rear window with defogger; Chrome door handles
Exterior features available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD High Country
- Adds to or replaces features on Silverado 3500HD LTZ: Body-color front bumper, Body-color rear bumper, 6-inch chromed tubular assist steps, Spray-on bed liner, Movable upper cargo tie-downs, Black recovery hooks, Four cargo tie downs, 18-inch Chromed aluminum wheels, Chrome grille
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Performance
There are two engine options available for the Silverado 3500HD, including the gasoline-powered Vortec 6.0-liter V8, which delivers 360 horsepower and 380 lb-ft. of torque. The Duramax 6.6-liter Turbo-Diesel V8 is available for those who need that extra oomph, providing 765 lb-ft. of torque, with its cast-iron block helping to create that superior power. Both engines sync up perfectly with the trailering enhancements of the truck, which include the standard Trailer Sway Control and available Trailer Brake Controller.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Efficiency
No official fuel economy ratings for the 2016 Silverado 3500HD have been released, but the vehicle does have a fuel tank capacity of 36 gallons.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Interior
The interior of the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is built for comfort and ease of operation. The Manual Tilt-Wheel steering column makes it easy to get comfortable, as do the foam seats. Quiet is important to relaxation and that’s why the cabin is constructed using sound deadening materials and triple-sealed doors. All of the important controls are centrally located and the knobs and buttons are large enough to easily accommodate gloved hands. Available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi helps you stay connected at all times.
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD WT
- Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat, Vinyl seat trim, Graphite-colored rubberize-vinyl floor, Manual Tilt-Wheel™ steering column, Six-gauge instrumentation cluster, Driver Information Center, Power door locks, Single-zone manual air conditioning, Cruise control, Front passenger and driver assist handle, Four-speaker audio system with 4.2-inch-diagonal color screen with AM/FM, USB ports, and auxiliary jack
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 3500HD LT: Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat with under seat storage, Cloth seat trim, Color-keyed carpeting, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Driver Information Center with 4.2-inch-diagonal color display, Power windows, Remote Keyless Entry, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8-inch-diagonal color screen, Single-slot CD/MP3 player, OnStar® with 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, OnStar Guidance Plan for six months, Sirius XM® Satellite Radio, HD Radio, 6-speakers, Bluetooth for phone
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ
- Adds to or replaces features on 3500HD LT: Front 40/20/40 leather-appointed split-bench seat, Leather-appointed front seat trim, Heated driver and front passenger seating, Manual Tilt-Wheel™ and telescoping steering column, Remote vehicle starter system, Universal Home Remote, Theft-deterrent system, Dual-zone automatic climate control air conditioning, Rear-window defogger, 110-volt AC power outlet, Rear Vision Camera
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD High Country
- Adds to or replaces features on Silverado 3500HD LTZ: Full-feature, leather-appointed, heated and vented front bucket seats; Color-keyed carpeted floor mats; Center floor console; High Country brushed metal sill plate, Bose® sound system, Front and Rear Park Assist, Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8-inch-diagonal color Touch with Navigation
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Safety
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is as safe as it is powerful. Reassuring safety features include six available airbags and Stabilitrak, which helps you keep the truck stable. ABS Brakes with Duralife rotors give you the stopping power you need. The available active safety technologies on the Silverado 3500HD include Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, and the Safety Alert Driver Seat can help prevent collisions before they even occur.
Standard Safety Features
- Frontal passenger-side air bag deactivation switch
- StabiliTrak stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance and traction control
- 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc brakes
- Driver and front passenger single-stage frontal and thorax side-impact air bags and head curtain side-impact air bags for front and rear outboard seating positions
- Daytime Running Lamps
Related info: The best new 2016 Chevy Silverado features