2016 Dodge Durango Overview
The 2016 Dodge Durango is a three-row SUV that carries a starting MSRP of $30,495. Besides offering a spacious interior, the Dodge Durango also comes equipped with a sporty V6 engine that provides this SUV with exceptional acceleration and towing capabilities. The Durango competes in the same segment as the Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, and Chevrolet Traverse.
Helpful Hints: Discover how often you really should be changing your tires
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Dodge Durango?
The V6 engine of the Dodge Durango now comes with start/stop technology in order to improve fuel efficiency, so when the new Durango is sitting still at a stop light, the engine can automatically shut off to preserve gas, but then automatically restarts when the driver pushes the gas pedal. The 2016 Durango also includes a new Sport mode, which is meant to provide a more athletic performance. The 2016 Dodge Durango comes with rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive in five trim levels: SXT, SXT Plus, Limited, Citadel, and R/T.
2016 Dodge Durango Photos:
2016 Dodge Durango Exterior
The 2016 Dodge Durango offers one of the more expressive exterior designs available in the seven-passenger SUV segment. The front of the vehicle is highlighted by its signature floating split-crosshair grille, while the rear of the ‘16 Durango features a LED racetrack taillamp that boasts more than 190 LEDs in order to create a single large flowing red taillight design. Foglamps and 18-inch alloy wheels also come standard on the new Durango, while exterior color options include Redline Red 2-Coat Pearl, Ivory Pearl Tri-Coat, and Granite Crystal Metallic.
2016 Dodge Durango Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango SXT
- 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, Belt moldings, Automatic headlamps, Chrome headlamp bezels, Halogen headlamps, LED tail lamps with red accents, Projector fog lamps, Accent color shark fin antenna, Accent color wheel lip molding, Body-colored door handles, Body-colored exterior mirrors, Capless fuel fill (with power locking), Power exterior mirrors with heating element and manual fold-away, Rear window defroster and wiper, Body-colored front and rear fascia, Bright/accent color grille
Exterior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango SXT Plus
- Adds to or replaces features on SXT: Integrated roof rail crossbars, Bright side roof rails
Exterior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango Limited
- Adds to or replaces features on SXT Plus: 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, Compact spare wheel, Bright front door sill scuff pads, LED Daytime Running Lights, Power multi-function mirrors with manual fold-away, Bright exhaust tip, Exterior mirrors with memory and turn signals, Driver’s auto-dimming exterior mirror
Exterior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango Citadel
- Adds to or replaces features on Limited: 20-inch fully polished aluminum wheels, Pirelli tires, Automatic headlamp leveling system, Automatic high beam headlamp control, HID headlamps, Body-color shark fin antenna, Body-color lip molding, Bright door handles, Chrome mirrors, Dual rear exhaust with bright tips, Rain-sensitive wipers, Bright Premium grille
Exterior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango R/T
- Adds to or replaces features on Citadel: 20-inch aluminum wheels, Bridgestone tires, Black headlamp bezels, Body-color door handles, Body-color exterior mirrors, Body-color fascias, Power liftgate, Accented fascias, body-color sill molding
2016 Dodge Durango Performance
The 2016 Dodge Durango comes standard with a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, which work together to produce 290 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. For those people looking for increased performance, the Citadel and R/T offers the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine that’s good for 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. Also, while the Durango comes standard with rear-wheel drive, an all-wheel drive system is also available. In addition, when this Dodge SUV is properly equipped, the V8-powered Durango can tow up to 7,400 pounds.
2016 Dodge Durango Efficiency
If you’re considering the Dodge Durango, then you basically have two options. Consumers can either go with the standard V6 engine that provides better fuel economy or buyers with deeper pockets can opt for the HEMI V8 that offers increased performance capabilities. Durangos equipped with the V8 engine will yield EPA-estimated fuel economy of 14 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. If you don’t see the need for the 360-horsepower V8, then the V6-equipped Durango can produce EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. In addition, the 2016 Dodge Durango comes standard with a 24.6 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Dodge Durango Interior
The interior of the 2016 Dodge Durango provides seating for up to seven people and standard features include three-zone climate control, as well as the Uconnect infotainment system with voice command. Consumers who move up in trims can also enjoy a Premium Beats audio system and rear DVD entertainment center, but that depends on how much cash they are willing to dish out. Beginning on the Limited trim is the standard 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen that can be used to access available SiriusXM Traffic, which makes navigating around the city easier due to its constant traffic updates. The new Durango offers more than 84 cubic feet of available storage space when the rear seats are folded down.
2016 Dodge Durango Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango SXT
- Seven passenger seating, Cloth low-back bucket seats, Front-passenger fold-flat seat, Manual adjust seats, Second-row 60/40 fold and tumble seat, Third-row seat, 12-volt AUX power outlet, A/C with three-zone auto temp control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, AUX 12-volt rear power outlet, Cargo compartment carpet, Interior assist handles, Luxury front and rear floor mats, Overhead console, Passenger assist handles, Power accessory delay, power locks and windows, Rear A/C with heater, Rotary shifter, Sill Molding, Sun visors and vanity mirrors, Temp and compass gauge, Third-row remote headrest fold down, Tilt/telescope steering column, Door trim panel with ambient lighting, Front and rear interior LED lamps, Illuminated cup holder, Illuminated entry, Interior removable/rechargeable lamp, Electronic Vehicle Info Center, Premium Instrument Cluster (with tachometer), 5.0-inch touchscreen display, Six speakers, GPS Antenna Input, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, Media Hub (USB/SD/AUX), Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Uconnect® 5.0 with AM/FM/BT
Interior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango SXT Plus
- Adds to or replaces features on SXT: Power four-way driver lumbar adjust, Power eight-way driver seat/manual passenger seat, Leather-wrapped steering, Bluetooth Streaming Audio
Interior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango Limited
- Adds to or replaces features on SXT Plus: Driver/passenger power four-way lumbar adjust, Heated second-row seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Power eight-way driver seat with memory and six-way passenger seat, 115-volt AUX power outlet, Floor mat, Third row bench seat, Heated steering wheel, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Universal garage door opener, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Dual remote USB port, Navigation (capability – see dealer), Uconnect 8.4, ParkSense Rear Park Assist with Stop, ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera, Security alarm
Interior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango Citadel
- Adds to or replaces features on Limited: Luxury leather-trimmed bucket seats, Power eight-way driver seat with memory and eight-way passenger seat, Ventilated front seats, Cargo net, Floor console with leather armrest, Leather-wrapped door panels, Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power sunroof, Power tilt/telescoping steering column, Cargo compartment cover, 506-watt amplifier, nine-speaker system with subwoofer, GPS Navigation, HD Radio, Uconnect 8.4 NAV
Interior available on the 2016 Dodge Durango R/T
- Adds to or replaces features on Citadel: Front passenger fold-flat seat, Memory for radio and driver’s seat and mirrors, Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters, Tip start, Beats Premium Audio System, Enhanced Accident Response System, Remote Start System, High-speed engine controller, Sport suspension
2016 Dodge Durango Safety
Every 2016 Dodge Durango comes standard with the Latch rear child seat anchor system, traction control, and electronic stability control. In addition, the 2016 Durango is available with many advanced safety technologies such as blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning with active braking, and adaptive cruise control. In fact, the forward collision warning system will actually provide a visual message on the dashboard and give off an audio warning if the safety system detects that a forward collision is imminent. It can even apply the brakes if the driver doesn’t respond to the warnings in a timely manner.
Standard Safety Features
- Active Head Restraints
- Advanced Multistage airbags
- Electronic Stability Control
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Hill Start Assist
- Keyless Go™
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor
- Rain Brake Support
- Ready Alert Braking
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
- Supplemental airbag system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Traction Control
- Trailer Sway Damping