2016 Volkswagen CC Overview
If you only think of Volkswagen as a company that makes fun-yet-sporty affordable cars, you would be correct. What many car shoppers don’t realize, though, is that there is a VW vehicle with the features and styling to compete with the best luxury cars as well. Meet the 2016 VW CC, a stylish car that will impress you (and your friends) while still leaving money in the bank when all is said and done. Check out its features and trim levels below to learn about this hidden gem.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Volkswagen CC?
The 2016 Volkswagen CC receives new safety features and a new infotainment system. The new Trend model was added to the line as well.
2016 Volkswagen CC Photos:
2016 Volkswagen CC Exterior
The 2016 Volkswagen CC’s exterior hasn’t changed much since it first hit the market but it still holds a modern appeal. The roofline gives the car a lower stance and a sleek profile. The Volkswagen CC resembles a sport sedan, a look reinforced by the frameless doors, even though the car is front wheel drive.
2016 Volkswagen CC Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Trend
- Bi-Xenon headlights, 17-inch Spa alloy wheels, LED taillights, 17-inch all-season tire 235/45 R17
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Sport
- 17-inch Verme alloy wheels, Daytime Running Lights, Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC R-Line
- 18-inch Mallory wheels, R-Line stainless steel door sill plates, R-Line sport bumpers and side skirts
Additional exterior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Executive
- Light alloy spare wheel with original equipment tire, Gloss black grille/side mirrors/window trim, 18-inch Montauk alloy wheels, 18-inch all-season tires 235/40 R18
2016 Volkswagen CC Performance
There are two engine options in the 2016 Volkswagen CC: a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder or a 3.6-liter V6.
The smaller of the two, the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder pumps out 200 hp and 207 lb-ft of torque. Lighter than its 3.6-liter counterpart, the four-cylinder shifts quickly and is incredibly responsive.
The larger 3.6-liter V6 packs more of a punch with 280 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. Heavier than the four-cylinder, it takes a second more to gain speed.
2016 Volkswagen CC Efficiency
Fuel economy is two-fold in the 2016 Volkswagen CC. The 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder earns an EPA-estimated 21 city/32 hwy mpg. The 3.6-liter V6, equipped with all-wheel drive, drops significantly in comparison. Earning an EPA-estimated 17 city/25 hwy mpg, the smaller four cylinder is the clear winner.
2016 Volkswagen CC Interior
There’s not much new to the 2016 Volkswagen CC, the only major upgrade being a new infotainment system. Inside, the gauges and dials are relatively uniform and easy on the eyes. Everything is made of one quality material or another, particularly the seats. The back is a three-seater, bringing the total number of occupants to five.
2016 Volkswagen CC Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Trend
- Heated front seats, 12-way power front seats, V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces, Height-adjustable and telescoping steering column, Dual-zone climate control, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Rearview camera
- VW Car-Net® App-Connect, Composition Media Touchscreen sound system, USB port, Bluetooth® with audio streaming, Multi-function trip computer, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Sport
- Volkswagen Car-Net® connected car suite
- Navigation, Keyless Entry
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC R-Line
- Titanium Silver interior trim for dashboard and doors, Titanium Silver trim for center console
- Discover Media touchscreen navigation
Additional interior available on the 2016 Volkswagen CC Executive
- Leather seating surfaces, Panoramic sunroof, Dark Brushed Aluminum trim for center console, 12-way power front seats, Engineered ebony wood interior trim
- Premium audio system
2016 Volkswagen CC Safety
Due to an older body structure, the 2016 Volkswagen CC doesn’t do as well as it once did in government crash testing.
Safety features include airbags, electronic stability control, rearview camera, and anti-lock brakes. The top VR6 4Motion Executive includes top-notch safety features like forward-collision warning with automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, and more. Front and rear parking aids are exclusive to the top model as well.
Standard Safety Features
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR)
- Brake override system
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC), including Electronic Differential Lock (EDL)
- Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD)
- Engine Braking Assist (EBA)
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Crash-optimized pedal controls
- Crash-optimized front end
- Brake disc drying feature
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Side Curtain Protection® head airbags, front and rear
- Front safety belts, height-adjustable, with pretensioners and load limiters
- Driver and front passenger, front and side thorax airbag supplemental restraint system
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat anchor points
- Reinforced safety cage construction