2018 Acura TLX Overview
The Acura TLX is back and ready for action with its 2018 model. The 2018 model sports all of the trims you’ve come to know and love, plus a brand new one for you to meet. With standard luxury features like a Power Moonroof and heated front seats, you’ll be proud to take a seat inside the 2018 Acura TLX.
The 2018 Acura TLX is available in four trims: Standard, Technology Package, A-SPEC, and Advance Package.
Want to Upgrade Your Car? Tips for increasing your old car’s trade-in value
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Acura TLX?
Introduced on the 2018 TLX is a brand new trim: the A-SPEC. Including features of its own and five available exterior colors, the A-SPEC has made its place in the TLX lineup. Additional additions to last year’s model include a new rear diffuser on the V6 models as well as new features like rear exhaust ports and built-in wireless charging on the Advance Package.
2018 Acura TLX Photos:
2018 Acura TLX Exterior
The 2018 Acura TLX’s exterior is fairly standard across its trims, including LED headlights, remote-operated windows and moonroof, and heated side mirrors. However, if you so desire, there are a few additional features available on upper trims. The all-new A-SPEC comes with black window molding, as opposed to the standard chrome, and round dual exhaust outlets. If you prefer, the Advance Package comes with rectangular dual exhaust outlet and rectangular fog lights.
2018 Acura TLX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX Standard
- Jewel Eye® LED headlights, Chrome window molding, Capless fuel lid, Remote-operated windows and moonroof, Acoustic glass windshield, Rear license and Center High Mount Stop Light, Heated side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down, LED-illuminated taillights and brake lights, Power Moonroof, Side mirror-integrated directional signals
Exterior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX Technology Package
- Same as the Standard
Exterior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX A-SPEC
- Black window molding, A-SPEC side sill garnish, Round LED fog lights, Dark chrome grill and lighting details, Round Dual Exhaust Outlets, Rear Decklid Spoiler in gloss black, A-SPEC Styled front and rear bumpers
Exterior feature available on the 2018 Acura TLX Advance Package
- Rectangular Dual Exhaust Outlets, Rectangular LED fog lights, Rear Decklid Spoiler in body colo, Puddle lights, Chrome window molding, Auto-dimming side mirrors
2018 Acura TLX Performance
The 2018 Acura TLX comes with two available engines. The first, standard on the Standard and Technology Package, is a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine paired to an eight-speed Dual-Clutch transmission with torque converted and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters. Together, they produce 206 horsepower and 182 lb-ft of torque. The upgraded engine is a 3.5-liter V6 engine paired to a nine-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sportshift paddle shifters, boasting 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque; the V6 engine is available at all trim levels.
2018 Acura TLX Efficiency
On the road, the 2018 TLX gets you to where you need to be safely and efficiently. As usual, your engine choice has an impact on the vehicle’s fuel efficiency. With the four-cylinder engine, drivers can get up to 23/33/27 MPG City/Highway/Combined.* With the upgraded V6 engine, with AWD, the TLX can earn up to 20/32/24 MPG City/Highway/Combined.*
*Fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Acura TLX Interior
With four trim levels on the 2018 TLX, drivers can choose which best suits their needs. The standard trim comes with luxury features like heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and leatherette-trimmed sport seats. If drivers wish to upgrade, the Advance Package comes with a heated steering wheel and heated rear outboard seats as well.
2018 Acura TLX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX Standard
- Interior: Heated front seats, Driver’s 10-way power seat with power lumbar support, Air filtration, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, 12-volt power outlets, Front passenger’s four-way power seat, Sport seats with leatherette-trimmed interior, Compass, Automatic dimming rearview mirror, Automatic climate control and humidity control, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Five-person seating capacity, Tilt and telescopic steering column
- Radio & Technology: USB Audio Interface with smartphone integration, Apple Carplay™, Aha™ compatibility, On Demand Multi-Use Display (ODMD™) 2.0, Seven speakers, Active Sound Control, Push button ignition, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® streaming audio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Text and email reading, Acura Personalized Settings, Smart Entry, Siri® Eyes Free (iPhone only), Maintenance Minder™ system, Acura Premium Audio System, Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC), Android Auto™, Pandora® compatibility, Keyless Access System
Interior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX Technology Package
- Interior: Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, Frameless rear view mirror, GPS-linked automatic climate control
- Radio & Technology: AcuraLink® The Next Generation, Voice recognition, Four-Door Smart Entry, HD Radio®, Song by Voice®, Acura Navigation System, 10 speakers, Voice Recognition System, ELS Studio®, Premium Audio System, HD Radio®, Phone-Book exchange for Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
Interior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX A-SPEC
- Interior: Metallic Footrest Pad, Black Headliner, Available sport seats with Alcantara(R) Seating surfaces and trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats, A-SPEC Garnish on steering wheel and door sill, Red on Black gauges, Red Accent lighting, Front passenger’s eight-way power seat, Driver’s 12-way power seat with power lumbar support and power thigh extension, Contrast stitching and piping
- Radio & Technology: Electronic Gear Selector
Interior features available on the 2018 Acura TLX Advance Package
- Interior: Heated steering wheel, Heated Rear Outboard Seats, White Accent lighting
- Radio & Technology: Remote engine start
2018 Acura TLX Safety
When it comes to tackling tough weather conditions, your tires are your best asset. The 2018 TLX comes with standard features like a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), a tire sealant and repair kit, a four-wheel anti-lock braking system, and an electric parking brake to keep your tires in tip-top shape. For on-the-road assistance, the vehicle also comes with Vehicle Stability Assistant™ (VSA®) with traction control and motion adaptive steering.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Acura TLX
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Side curtain airbags
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Multi-view rear camera
- Tire sealant and repair kit
- Four-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hill start assist
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Automatic brake hold
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS)
- Auto-on/off headlight operation with wiper integration
- Electric parking brake
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Brake assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with traction control and motion adaptive steering
- Road Departure Mitigation system
Used Luxury Vehicles: What are the most popular and affordable luxury vehicles to buy pre-owned?