2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Overview
Meet the ultimate people-mover in the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger, combining Chevy’s commercial vehicle prowess with a design that allows drivers to carry up to 14 other passengers.
We Need More Power: Meet the 2019 Corvette ZR1
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger?
The 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger firstly receives some powertrain updates, starting with the replacement of the old base 4.8-liter Vortec® V8 with a more powerful, though slightly smaller, 4.3-liter V6, which is paired with a new eight-speed automatic transmission. In addition, the Express Passenger also receives an optional CNG/LPG-capable 6.0-liter V8.
A few features are now standard for the van, including a standard rearview mirror with integrated Rear Vision Camera and OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi, and a few are newly available, including Side Blind Zone Alert and Hill Start Assist.
The Express Passenger no longer offers eight-passenger or 10-passenger seating, leaving only 12-passenger and 15-passenger configurations.
Finally, the Express Passenger gets three new packages, including the Safety Package, Communications Package, and Enhanced Convenience Package.
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Exterior
The 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger doesn’t spend too much effort on sculpted, complicated body panels, instead focusing on being the best people-mover it can, with straight lines offering the most passenger space possible. The Express Passenger does, however, come in two different lengths – regular and extended.
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger LS
- Aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe exhaust, Ladder-type frame, Solar-ray® light-tinted and deep-tinted glass, Full-body window glass package, Daytime Running Lamps, Dual halogen composite headlamps, Manually-adjustable black mirrors, Front LT245/75R16E all-season front and rear blackwall tires, 16-inch steel wheels, Swing-out passenger side door, Black grille, Intermittent variable windshield wipers, 105-amp alternator, 600 cold-cranking amp battery
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger LT
- Chrome grille, Front and rear chrome bumpers with step-pad, Chrome center cap wheel trim, 150-amp alternator
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Performance
The 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger comes with three powertrain possibilities.
To begin with, there is the new, base engine, a 4.3-liter V6 producing 276 hp and 298 lb-ft of torque. Then, there is the available Vortec™ 6.0-liter V8, which produces 341 hp and 373 lb-ft of torque. Finally, these is an available turbocharged 2.8-liter Duramax® four-cylinder diesel engine, which makes only 181 hp, but an impressive 369 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Efficiency
Chevrolet has not found fuel efficiency figures for the Express Passenger (which is somewhat typical of commercial or heavy-duty vehicles), but it has offered that the Express Passenger has a 31-gallon gas tank, offsetting reduced fuel economy due to heavy use through huge fuel volume for long periods between stops at the gas station.
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Interior
In its base form, the Chevrolet Express Passenger offers seating for 12 people, between the two front captain’s chairs, two three-seat rows, and a four-seat rearmost row. In the extended wheelbase versions, that four-person row can be moved further back, and another three-person row added where it used to be for a total of 15 seats.
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger LS
- Full-length rubberized-vinyl floor covering, Air conditioning, Rearview mirror with rear vision camera display, Two dome lights, Power door locks and windows, 12-passenger seating with 50/50-split last row seat, Front vinyl bucket seats, Engine cover console with three cup holders
- Tow/haul selector, AM/FM stereo with MP3 player, 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot, 110-volt auxiliary power outlet, Driver Information Center and instrumentation, Two auxiliary 12-volt power outlets, Oil life monitor
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger LT
- Rear air conditioning, Rear auxiliary heater, Front cloth bucket seats, Illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Eight-point digital compass, Deluxe console with storage bin, Cruise control
- Remote Keyless Entry
2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger Safety
The Express Passenger contains the same spread of safety features that its cargo-optimized sibling sports, but adds some more features to provide more protection of the passengers, including seat-mounted side-impact air bags, head-curtain air bags for the first three rows, and enhanced technology glass.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Chevrolet Express Passenger
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Driver and front passenger frontal airbags
- Steel-side door beams
- Hill Start Assist
- LATCH system
- OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
- Rear vision camera
- Tire pressure monitor
- Transmission/brake shift interlock
More Big Chevys: Check out the updates for the 2018 Chevy Silverado