2019 Ford Flex Overview
Designed to fit up to seven passengers, the 2019 Ford Flex is a unique take on the traditional SUV. Its structure exterior frame gives it an eye-catching look, while a wide array of interior features make the Flex comfortable for every passenger. You can also depend on impeccable safety behind the wheel thanks to driver-assist options and passive safety features.
The 2019 Ford Flex is available in three trims: SE, SEL, and Limited.
Available Models: Find your own 2019 Ford Flex in the dealer showroom
What’s New for the 2019 Ford Flex?
With an eye-catching, unique exterior design, the Ford Flex didn’t need to change much for 2019. Its features have remained primarily the same over the last few years, with minimal changes going into 2018.
Unlike most SUVs, the Ford Flex has a structured, boxy frame that stands out in the segment — and on the road. Its frame gives it a sophisticated appearance. Plus, with added exterior features such as a power liftgate and heated mirrors, you can take convenience to the next level.
The 2019 Ford Flex is available in nine exterior colors: Burgundy Velvet, Agate Black, Blue, White Platinum, Ingot Silver, Magnetic, Ruby Red, Stone Grey, and Oxford White.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex SE
- Battery Management System; Integrated blind spot mirrors; Body-color liftgate applique; Power door locks with auto-lock feature; Easy Fuel capless fuel filler; Halogen headlamps with autolamp feature and wiper activation; Rear window defroster with two-speed wiper/washer; Intermittent speed-sensitive front windshield wipers; Bright dual exhaust tips; Power, heated, manually folding side-view with integrated blind spot mirrors; Molded-in black skull caps; FLEX badge on leading edge of hood; Grooved door panels; Black roof-rack side rails; Reverse Sensing System; Monchromatic or body-color roof; Body-color door handles; Black beltline molding on sides and liftgate
Exterior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex SEL
-Adds to or replaces features on SE-
- Silver roof-rack side rails; Fog lamps with bright bezel; Chrome door handles; Multipanel Vista Roof; Stainless steel bright beltline molding on sides and liftgate
Exterior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on SEL-
- Agate Black painted skull caps on mirrors; Front door chrome with aluminum insert scuff plates; Heated mirrors; Power-folding heated mirrors with BLIS and body-color caps; Power liftgate; Satin Aluminum liftgate applique; Rain-sensing wipers; Satin-Aluminum finish grille; HID headlamps; LED taillamps; Agate Black painted roof or Monochromatic; Power-folding side-view with integrated security approach lamps and memory; Active Park Assist
Under its hood, the 2019 Ford Flex sports a 3.5-liter V6 engine, paired to a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with Shifter Button Activation. This combination provides a peppy driving experience with 287 horsepower and 254 lb-ft of torque. If you’d like to go for even stronger performance, the Flex Limited offers an available 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 and adds available paddle shifters to your transmission. The EcoBoost V6 gives off 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque.
Your efficiency behind the wheel of the 2019 Flex will largely depend on two decisions: your powertrain and your drivetrain. The base trim of the Flex comes standard with the 3.5-liter V6, and you can choose between front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD). When equipped with FWD, the standard V6 earns an estimated 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. Its efficiency slightly decreases on the AWD model, earning an estimated 15 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway. The Flex Limited’s EcoBoost V6 bumps up the performance without dropping any significant efficiency numbers. When equipped with the EcoBoost V6, the 2019 Ford Flex earns an estimated 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
The Ford Flex’s cabin is designed for both comfort and style. You can opt for luxury features like leather-trimmed seats — in the first and second rows — and well as heated and cooled front seats. On the Flex Limited, you have the option of second-row heated and reclining bucket seats to add a bit of luxury for passengers sitting in the back.
The 2019 Ford Flex is available in two interior colors: Dune and Charcoal Black.
Interior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex SE
- Interior: Manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel; Driver and passenger sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors; Map pockets on front seat backs; Overhead console with dome/map lights and sunglass holder; Power windows with one-touch up-down driver and passenger’s side window; Manual front and rear climate control auxiliary system; MyKey; Four cargo floor tie downs; Second-row 60/40 bench seat with auto-fold feature on passenger; Solar tinted glass for all windows; Third-row manual fold-flat-into-floor split 50/50 bench seat; Six-way power driver’s seat with four-way manual front passenger seat; Lockable glove box; Carpeted floor mats on first and second rows; All-Weather floor mats; Leather-wrapped shifter knob; Three assist grab handles; 10 cup holders/bottle holders; Cloth seats SE; Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror; Laminated front door glass; Front-row center console with armrest and storage bin; Privacy glass on rear doors, quarter, and liftgate windows; Two coat hooks in second row; Four 12-volt powerpoints; Grocery bag hooks in cargo area; Cargo lamp over third row; Storage pockets for all doors; Battery saver; Reading lamps for second- and third-row passengers
- Radio and Technology: Audio input jack and USB port, AM/FM stereo with single-CD player, SYNC
Interior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex SEL
-Adds to or replaces features on SE-
- Interior: Remote start system; Second-row reclining seats 40/40 bucket seats; San Macassar wood appearance appliques; Floor mats with unique logo; Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; Leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats; Heated front seats; Charcoal black leather-trimmed seats; Two Smart Charging USB ports; Cloth seats SEL; 10-way power driver’s seat and six-way power passenger seat with manual recline and lumbar; Leather steering wheel with Meteorite Black bezels, cruise, audio, and five-way controls; Cargo net;
- Radio and Technology: SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Premium seven-speaker audio system, SYNC 3, Intelligent access with push-button start
Interior features available on the 2019 Ford Flex Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on SEL-
- Interior: 10-way power front driver seat; Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support; Memory feature for driver’s seat, exterior mirrors, and power-adjustable foot pedals; Chrome scuff plates with aluminum insert; Second-row heated reclining 40/40 bucket seats; Charcoal black leather-trimmed seats with perforated inserts; Ambient lighting; Yoho Maple Cross applique on IP and door inserts; 10-way power, heated, and cooled front seats; 110V/150W AC power outlet; Perforated leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats; Heated steering wheel; One-touch PowerFold and Tumble third-row 50/50 fold-flat-into-floor split bench seats with tailgate feature; Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood inlay and cruise; Power tilt/telescoping steering column; Power-adjustable pedals with memory
- Radio and Technology: BLIS with cross-traffic alert; Universal garage door opener; Navigation system with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link, HD Radio technology, Audio system from Sony with 12 speakers
Safety should be a top priority in every vehicle, but it should without a doubt be front and center when you have the whole family in tow. The 2019 Ford Flex comes with a full suite of standard safety features, including keyless and illuminated entry, an advanced airbag system, and a rear view camera with backup assist grid lines. The Limited adds a Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert to give you a second set of eyes on the road.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Ford Flex
- Front seat-mounted side airbags
- Height-adjustable front-seat safety belts with Belt-Minder
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Illuminated entry with theatre-dimming lighting
- Safety Canopy System
- Personal Safety System
- Rear view camera with backup assist grid lines
- SecuriLock passive anti-theft system
- Front-passenger Sensing System
- SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad
- Safety Cage Construction
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Perimeter anti-theft alarm
- Inflatable second-row outboard safety belts
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
Trade-In Vehicles: How much is your car worth?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.