How to Clean Car Tires
As hard as it is to believe, warm weather is just around the corner. Soon, our neighbors will be pouring into their driveways to clean the salt and winter weather grime off their vehicles for the Spring driving that lies ahead. In order to keep your car looking the best on the block, you will need to not only clean the sheet metal covering your vehicle, but the tires as well. Below are steps on how to clean car tires.
- Wash your Tires Separately –It may be tempting to save time by using the same soap and water that you use on your car on your tires, but using a separate (or clean) bucket for your tires will prevent grease grime from your wheels from rubbing onto the rest of the car.
- Use Tire Cleaner – This may seem like a no-brainer, but often times, drivers use car wash to clean their tires. Tire cleaners are specifically designed to eliminate the grime tires encounter that the rest of the vehicle does not.
- Scrub Tires – A feather-bristled brush is ideal to cut through the buildup your tire has accrued since its last cleaning. Be sure to get into all the crevices of your tire and to rinse each tire before moving on to the next.
- Dry your Tires – Most people let their tires air dry, but drying them with a terry cloth of microfiber towel will ensure that whatever detailing solution or wax you use works properly.
- Wax – Apply the wax to an applicator pad and rub onto the surface much like you would to your car. Wax provides a nice shine and can protect your tires from dust and other harmful elements.
After the waxing you are set to show off your ride. Now that you know how to clean car tires, let us know in the comments what car care tip you would like to learn and you could see it in The News Wheel’s next post!
Summit City Chevy has been a family owned business for over 45 years, serving Fort Wayne, IN, and the surrounding area including Columbia City, New Haven, Auburn, and more. We offer a large selection of new Chevy cars as well as all the most popular used makes and models. Summit City also has a parts/service department and body shop. For customers getting work done with us, we offer “courtesy cars” and a shuttle service – because our customers are our number one priority!