GMC Details 2016 Sierra 1500, Available Packages
We’ve already gotten a glimpse at the face of the 2016 GMC Sierra and its new face, but apart from a brief bit of details about new headlights and taillights, there wasn’t much information available regarding upgrades to the best-selling pickup.
GMC has now clarified a bit about what else will be new with the 2016 Sierra (as well as with the 2016 Sierra HD), including the following geatures.
- GMC signature LED headlamps for all models
- HID projector-beam headlamps with LED signature on base, SLE, and SLT models
- LED foglamps standard on SLT, All Terrain, and Denali
- High-performance LED headlamps with LED signature available on SLT, standard on Denali
- LED taillamps standard on SLT, All Terrain, and Sierra Denali
- New grille with model-specific appearance and design
- Power-articulating assist steps available on Denali
- Available Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed transmission for 5.3-liter V8-equipped SLT and Denali models
- Wireless phone charging standard for models with front bucket seats
- Available remote locking tailgate
- Available 20-inch chrome-clade aluminum wheels
- Four new exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Cardinal Red, Mahogany Metallic, and White Frost Tintcoat
Video: 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Running Footage
The 2016 GMC Sierra Elevation Edition is built upon a base-model double cab and features: 20×9-inch machined aluminum wheels painted black; automatic locking differential; LED cargo box lighting; Heated, power-adjustable outside mirrors with body-color mirror caps; body-color-accented grille surround; body-color front and rear bumpers; body-color door handles; LED front fog lamps; Remote Keyless Entry; remote locking tailgate; 110-volt AC power outlet; LED cargo box lighting; IntelliLink with 7-inch-diagonal radio; and OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Sierra All-Terrain package is available on 4WD SLE or SLT models in either double cab or crew cab body styles. Features include Z71 Off-Road suspension package; 18×8.5-inch bright machined aluminum wheels; all-terrain tires; Rear Park Assist; exclusive grille with body-color surround and chrome accents; body-color front and rear bumpers; spray-on bedliner; auto-dimming inside rearview mirror; bright sill plates; special All-Terrain instrument cluster with logo; SLT-model-exclusive Jet Black/Spice Red interior option. The All Terrain SLT Premium package adds larger wheels, Front and Rear Park Assist, heated steering wheel, rectangular assist steps, and power-sliding and defogging rear window.