Honda Expands Red Rider Trackside Support Program for 2019
Honda has announced several expanded features and rewards for its Red Riders contingency and trackside support program. With more than $6 million available to racers — about half a million more than in 2018 — the program gives amateur competitors across the United States the opportunity to earn payouts at over 1,500 events, as well as access to parts and service at various dealerships throughout the country.
The program supports a wide variety of series, including Supercross, Arenacross, Motocross, Roadracing, Trials, Flat Track, Off-road, and — new for 2019 — SXS racing. What’s more, the program structure is designed to benefit riders of various skill levels, so you don’t have to finish first in a race or championship to earn a payout.
Related: Honda leads industry in AutoWeb’s Buyer’s Choice Awards
The following are some of the highlights for the 2019 season:
- 20 additional series supported across multiple disciplines
- Industry-leading contingency for side-by-side classes in Lucas Off-Road, SCORE International, and WORCS (a grassroots racing series will be announced later in 2019)
- Payouts available for riders of numerous Honda models, including the majority of the new CRF Performance family
- Increase in Red Rider Trackside Support providers
- Increased championship payout for the American Flat Track series
- Increased rewards in Regional Qualifiers for the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship at Loretta Lynn Ranch
“Amateur racing is vital to the success of the sport, so it’s critical that Honda have a lively grassroots program,” said Brandon Wilson, Manager of Advertising & Motorcycle Sports at American Honda. “We’re able to support some of the bigger races ourselves, and with the collaboration of our partner Support Teams and Dealerships, we can have an even wider footprint. With these new additions for 2019, Red Rider Support is healthier than ever.”
Related: Order Honda parts online