Honda Stage Looks To Pull In Generation Y Car Buyers
American Honda is teaming up with Clear Channel Media and Entertainment (iHeartRadio), Live Nation, REVOLT, Vevo, and YouTube in order to create Honda Stage, which offers music exclusive access to a wealth of live music and convert events. Honda Stage looks to fill the gap between the automaker and a younger, music loving demographic, further capitalizing on the connection made through the Honda Civic Tour.
More from Honda: Honda Super Cub is Granted 3D Trademark
“Breaking through the clutter and reaching younger buyers through traditional advertising is proving more and more difficult in this always-on, digital generation,” said Tom Peyton, assistant vice president of Advertising and Marketing for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “Honda is making an even bigger investment in music than ever before. To bring this type of experience to music lovers we had to assemble a program from scratch bringing together both live and online elements that can only be found through Honda Stage.”
The idea of getting the attention of potential buyers through connections to popular entertainment acts is nothing new, but the scale of Honda’s investment is certainly noteworthy here. Whether this sizable investment will ultimately help with the launch of the Gen Y-friendly 2015 Honda Fit and HR-V, only time will tell.
More from Honda: New Car Profile: 2015 Honda Fit
Aspects of Honda Stage include listening, viewing, and attending opportunities that such as:
- Live performances from the Honda Stage at the iHeartRadio Theater in Los Angeles that will be heavily promoted by Clear Channel
- Nationwide concert events produced by Life Nation
- Live interviews and in-studio performances from REVOLT Studios Hollywood and broadcast on the Honda Stage YouTube channel, REVOLT TV, and the REVOLT iOS and Android apps
- Honda Stages at music festivals across America such as Governors Ball, Austin City Limits Music Festival, and Music Midtown in Atlanta
- Further integration with the Honda Civic Tour
For the latest content as it becomes released, visit www.YouTube.com/HondaStage or HondaStage.Honda.com.