How DamagedCars.com is Changing the Way Car Owners Deal with Damaged & Imperfect Vehicles
When you decide it’s time to get rid of your car, there are a few options to consider. You can advertise it to sell privately, trade it in at a dealership, offer it to charity in exchange for a donation receipt, or sell it to a salvage yard. But if your car is in rough shape or has extensive damage, your options are limited. Most car owners of wrecked, total loss, vandalized, or unwanted vehicles revert to an old standard in the industry: the salvage market.
When a car is sold to a junkyard or scrap yard, it’s usually crushed or shredded, sorted into its various types of materials, and re-sold for raw materials in manufacturing new products. And while that may seem like an efficient use of non-roadworthy cars, it doesn’t serve your needs very well.
How the salvage industry works
When you sell your car for scrap or salvage, it is weighed on an industrial scale. You are paid for your vehicle based on the current rate for scrap automobiles. Compared to selling any other way, you receive pennies on the dollar. However, you may not feel like you have another choice to sell your car.
The way the salvage market assesses scrap vehicle prices is a blanket method; they’re all priced by weight. That presents an obvious problem as no two vehicles are alike. One will have more damage than the next. Each vehicle has a unique build with varying options, differing mileages, and assorted levels of drivability. It just doesn’t seem that there’s parity when cars are bought and sold based on weight alone.
DamagedCars.com offers a better way
A proprietary software tool has been developed by DamagedCars.com that changes how you can sell your less-than-perfect vehicle. Using data sets from various sources, you can get a fair price for your unwanted or salvage vehicle in a simple online sales method.
You can request an offer for your vehicle online, without requiring an inspection. Based on your car’s options, year, make, model, trim level, mileage, and other common determining factors, you can receive a true market value offer for your vehicle in as-is condition.
Benefits of DamagedCars.com
The salvage market is notorious for gruff customer service and a process that leaves the door open for unfair practices. Because DamagedCars.com conducts the complete process online, you are in full control of the open, transparent transaction along with friendly, knowledgeable support.
Other benefits to using DamagedCars.com include:
- A fair price based on your vehicle’s actual condition.
- More value as your car’s options and features are factored into the offer.
- The potential to market used parts from your vehicle or repair it and return it to roadworthiness.
- A no-haggle, no-nonsense sales process.
- Fast payment.
- No-charge vehicle pick-up service.
Since DamagedCars.com uses real data from previous sales and evaluations in their proprietary software tool, you can rest assured that the offer you receive will truly be right for your market.
How DamagedCars.com works
You can be more confident when dealing with your damaged and imperfect vehicle using DamagedCars.com. The process is straightforward, open, and doesn’t pressure you into selling before you’re ready. Here’s how it works:
- You request a quote for your damaged or unwanted car at DamagedCars.com. In that request, you will enter your vehicle’s information, including year, make, model, trim level, mileage, and locale. You’ll also be required to accurately detail the damage your car has.
- DamagedCars.com evaluates the vehicle’s value based on its merits and flaws by comparing it to real-time database information.
- Within approximately 90 seconds, you are presented with a no-haggle offer for your car in as-is condition. The offer is guaranteed for seven days so you can take your time making the right decision. If you accept the offer, DamagedCars.com arranges and delivers the agreed-upon payment as well as paperwork, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- The vehicle is picked up within about a week of making the agreement. Vehicle towing is at no charge to you.
Selling a damaged or salvage car used to be restrictive, but DamagedCars.com provides an alternative. It’s easier and safer to deal with a less-than-perfect car with the online process and proprietary software from DamagedCars.com.
If you would like to request a no-obligation for your vehicle in as-is condition, or for more information on joining our local buyer network, visit DamagedCars.com.
This is a collaborative article.
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.