2016 Nissan Quest Overview
The 2016 Nissan Quest is a seven-passenger minivan with a starting MSRP of $26,530. Highlights of the 2016 Quest include 108 cubic feet of available storage space, as well as a capable 260 horsepower V6 engine. The Nissan Quest competes in the same segment as the Toyota Sienna, Dodge Grand Caravan, and Honda Odyssey.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Nissan Quest?
The 2016 Nissan Quest is a carryover model with no significant changes.
2016 Nissan Quest Photos:
2016 Nissan Quest Exterior
The 2016 Nissan Quest offers a blocky design that sets it apart from competitors. The 2016 Quest comes standard with 16-inch wheels, but if you opt for the top-level Platinum model, then your minivan will feature upgraded 18-inch wheels and bi-xenon headlights, and a dual-panel sunroof is also available as a stand-alone option. Exterior color options for the Quest include Super Black, Brilliant Silver, Pearl White, Titanium, and Gun Metallic.
2016 Nissan Quest Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest S
- 16 x 6.5-inch steel wheels with bolt-on wheel covers, Dual sliding rear doors, Power outside mirrors, Front UV-reducing solar glass, Chrome door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest SV
- Adds to or replaces features on S: 16 x 7-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Fog lights, One-touch power sliding doors with auto-reverse feature, Roof rails, Rear privacy glass, Chrome-accented grille and chrome license plate finisher
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest SL
- Adds to or replaces features on SV: 18 x 7-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Smart Auto Headlights, One-touch Power Liftgate, Power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, Heated outside mirrors, Side sill spoilers with chrome accents
Exterior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights, Automatic tilt-in-reverse outside mirrors
2016 Nissan Quest Performance
The 2016 Nissan Quest comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and continuously variable automatic transmission, which combine to create 260 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque. Furthermore, the Nissan Quest can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2016 Nissan Quest Efficiency
The 2016 Nissan Quest features impressive fuel economy for a minivan, as it yields an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Quest comes standard with a 20 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Nissan Quest Interior
Besides offering tons of space, the interior of the 2016 Nissan Quest is also very quiet due to the vehicle’s accommodating suspension. Keyless ignition and entry, cloth upholstery, and a four-speaker sound system come standard inside the new Quest family minivan. The SV and SL models offer a DVD Entertainment System package, which includes an in-dash DVD player and a DVD entertainment system in the rear of the vehicle.
2016 Nissan Quest Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest S
- Air conditioning, In-cabin charcoal microfilter, Second- and third-row air conditioning/heater vents with second-row controls, Power door locks with auto-locking feature, Power front windows with driver’s one-touch auto-up/down, Power second-row side windows, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Cruise control with illuminated steering wheel-mounted switches, Variable intermittent speed-sensitive flat-blade windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper, First- and second-row height-adjustable seat belts, Dual front map lights, Dual second- and third-row reading lights, Cargo area light, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions, Sunglasses storage, Mood lighting, Two 12-volt DC power outlets, Retained accessory power and battery saver, First-row center console with cup holders/tray/tissue box holders, Removable second-row center console with cup holders and DVD storage, First- and third-row seatback grocery bag hooks, Permanent rear storage well, 6-way manual driver’s seat with center armrest, Second-row captain’s chair (sliding and reclining) with third-row easy-entry feature, Fold-flat second-row captain’s chairs, Third-row 60/40 split fold-flat bench seat, Cloth seat trim, Wood-tone trim on dashboard and front door panels, Locking glove box, Front and rear door storage pockets, Four high-capacity coat hangers, Sixteen cup and bottle holders, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, AM/FM/CD audio system, MP3/WMA CD playback capability, Auxiliary audio input jack, Four speakers
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest SV
- Adds to or replaces features on S: Tri-zone Automatic Temperature Control (ATC), Power front-passenger window with one-touch auto-up/down, Driver seatback pocket, Quick Release third-row folding seatback, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, RearView Monitor, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, Premium AM/FM/CD audio system with 5.0-inch color display, Auxiliary audio/video input jacks, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month trial subscription, Radio Data System (RDS), Speed-sensitive volume control, USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices, Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Six speakers
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest SL
- Adds to or replaces features on SV: Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, Digital compass, Front-passenger seatback pocket, 8-way power driver’s seat with center armrest, Driver’s seat power lumbar support, Quick Comfort® heated front seats, Leather-appointed seats and door trim, Leather-wrapped shift knob, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver
Interior available on the 2016 Nissan Quest Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Advanced Climate Control System, In-Cabin polyphenol microfilter, Second- and third-row manual side sunshades, 120-volt AC power outlet, 4-way power front-passenger’s seat, Remote-activated driver’s memory seat and mirror system with two presets, Power-return third-row seat, Wood-tone trim on sliding door panels, Around View® monitor, Nissan Had Drive Navigation System with 8.0-inch color touch-screen monitor and Voice Recognition, NavTraffic® and NavWeather® with 3-month trial subscription provided by SiriusXM®, Bose® audio system with AM/FM/CD, 13 speakers, DVD Entertainment System with 8.0-inch color in-dash monitor, Second-row 11.0-inch 16:9 WVGA DVD monitor with auto-dimming function, Dual Media Playback capability, Two wireless headsets and remote control, Blind Spot Warning (BSW) Moving Object Detection (MOD)
2016 Nissan Quest Safety
The 2016 Nissan Quest earned the best possible safety rating of “Good” in both the side-impact and moderate frontal-offset crash tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). However, the Quest was awarded the lowest possible rating of “Poor” in the small-overlap crash test. Furthermore, the Quest received another “Good” rating in the whiplash protection safety test, as well an “Acceptable” rating in the roof strength safety test. Lastly, the 2016 Nissan Quest is available with a variety of advanced safety features such as Nissan’s bird’s-eye-view camera system, parking sensors, rear-cross-traffic alert, antilock brakes, and a rearview camera, as well as stability and traction control.
Standard Safety Features
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant-classification sensor
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- 3-point Seat Belts with Automatic and Emergency Locking Retractors (Driver Emergency Locking Retractor Only)
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front-seat Active Head Restraints
- Height-adjustable head restraints for all seating positions
- LATCH System
- Child safety sliding rear door locks
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- High-strength steel side-door guard beams
- Hood buckling creases and safety stops
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy-Fill Tire Alert
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.