2017 Honda CR-V Overview
Did you know that Honda moved 357,335 units of its CR-V crossover in the United States last year? Well, if you answered no, then you’re probably not the only person who wasn’t aware, but what’s even more surprising is that Honda decided to completely redesign the CR-V from the ground up despite those strong sales. While the previous model was known for its reliability and excellent value, the updated version is longer, wider, and also offers a new turbocharged engine. The 2017 Honda CR-V competes for sales with the Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue, and Ford Escape.
Did You Know? Honda Offers Roadside Assistance
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Honda CR-V?
As we’ve already mentioned, the Honda CR-V has been completely redesigned for the 2017 model year. Its ground clearance has increased by 1.5 inches and its wheelbase is also longer than the previous model. What’s more, the CR-V is now available with the turbo engine that made its debut in the tenth-generation Honda Civic.
2017 Honda CR-V Photos:
2017 Honda CR-V Exterior
The 2017 Honda CR-V features a more aggressive and attractive exterior than the model it replaced. Some of the notable changes made to the CR-V include an updated rear window design and unique LED taillights that are sure to attract attention wherever this crossover is spotted. Furthermore, the vehicle wears an active shutter grille, which helps air flow around the front fascia and also helps improve fuel economy. Standard equipment for the entry-level CR-V includes 16-inch styled steel wheels and halogen headlights, but if you opt for the range-topping Touring model, then your new CR-V will also get roof rails, LED headlights, and dual chrome exhaust tips.
2017 Honda CR-V Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V LX
- 16-inch styled steel wheels, Remote Entry System, One-touch turn indicators, Reverse-linked intermittent rear window wiper, Two-speed intermittent windshield wipers, Multi-reflector auto-off halogen headlights, Power side mirrors with expanded view driver’s mirror
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: 17-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines, Multi-reflector halogen headlights with auto-on/off, Body-colored power side mirrors including expanded view driver’s mirror, Rear Privacy Glass, Security system, Smart entry, One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, Fog lights, Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Roof rails, Heated body-colored power side mirrors including expanded view driver’s mirror
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
- Contains the same exterior features as the EX-L trim level
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L with Navi: 18-inch alloy wheels, Power tailgate, Projector-beam auto-on/off halogen headlights, Integrated turn indicators
2017 Honda CR-V Performance
Even though the 2017 Honda CR-V is available with a new turbo engine, the base LX trim still comes with the 2.4-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder that came with the 2016 CR-V. That motor is rated at 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque, but motorists craving more power need only step up to the EX trim in order to get the new 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s good for 190 horsepower and 179 lb-ft of torque. This turbocharged engine provides the Honda CR-V with increased fuel economy and better acceleration, even though it doesn’t propel the CR-V forward as quickly as it does the smaller Civic, which is obviously due to the CR-V’s increased weight. It should also be mentioned that buyers have the choice between front-wheel and all-wheel drive.
2017 Honda CR-V Efficiency
So, here’s a question: which engine do you think provides the CR-V with better fuel economy, the naturally-aspirated four-cylinder or the turbocharged motor? If you went with the turbo, then you’re indeed correct. That’s because the front-wheel drive Honda CR-V equipped with the turbo-four earns an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway, but going with the all-wheel drive variant drops those ratings down slightly to 27 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.* In comparison, the FWD CR-V with the 2.4-liter engine is good for 26 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.*
*Fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage may vary.
2017 Honda CR-V Interior
While much of the talk surrounding the redesigned Honda CR-V has focused on its aggressive new look and available turbo engine, the cabin has also received a substantial makeover, providing more rear legroom and a quieter ride thanks to the use of more sound deadening materials. In addition, even the affordable LX model comes standard with notable features like a four-speaker audio system, air conditioning, and Pandora compatibility. However, those consumers with deep enough pockets for the higher level trims can get more advanced equipment like heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a navigation system, and seven-inch touchscreen, which is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
2017 Honda CR-V Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V LX
- Air Conditioning with air-filtration system, Power windows with auto-up/down driver’s window, Power doors and tailgate locks, Cruise control, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Multi-functional center console storage with sliding armrest, 8 beverage holders, Rear-seat center armrest, Cargo area tie-down anchors, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio and phone controls, Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment, Easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seat with center armrest, Two 12V power outlets in front and center console, 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with four speakers, MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio, Pandora compatibility, SMS text message function, Single USB audio interface in center console
Interior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Honda LaneWatch, Driver’s and front passenger’s illuminated vanity mirrors, Push button start, Retractable cargo area cover, Heated front seats, Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including power lumbar support, Dual center console USB audio interface, 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 6 speakers, 7-inch Display Audio with high-resolution WVGA electrostatic touchscreen and customizable feature settings, HondaLink
Interior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Automatic-dimming rearview mirror, Dual-zone automatic climate control system, Leather-trimmed seats, SiriusXM® Radio, 328-watt AM/FM/CD seven-speaker audio system including subwoofer
Interior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Illuminated steering wheel-mounted navigation controls, HD Radio, Honda satellite-linked navigation system with voice recognition and Honda HD digital traffic
Interior available on the 2017 Honda CR-V Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L with Navi: Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including power lumbar support and two-position memory, Lane Keeping Assist System, Adaptive Cruise Control, HomeLink Remote System, Collision Mitigation Braking System, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning
2017 Honda CR-V Safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recently announced that the 2017 Honda CR-V earned its best possible rating of Top Safety Pick+. To get this rating, the new Honda CR-V had to pick up a “Good” rating in each of the agency’s five crash worthiness tests, as well as earn at least an “Advanced” rating for its available front crash prevention system and an “Acceptable” score for its headlights. The 2017 CR-V met all of those criteria thanks to its sturdy design, available forward collision warning system, and LED headlights.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock braking system
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Daytime Running Lights
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags
- SmartVent® Front side airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- 3-point seat belts at all seating positions
- LATCH children’s seat anchoring system
New 2017 Honda CR-V: Browse Inventory