2019 BMW M5 Overview
Quick is never quick enough, which is why the all-powerful BMW M5 has been tweaked to offer faster and louder thrills. This high-performance executive sedan is setting even higher standards for performance, as the new 2019 BMW M5 is designed to elevate your adrenaline rushes to new heights.
Experience a New Level of BMW: Learn about BMW Financial Services
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2019 BMW M5
Just when our heads have finally wrapped around the thought of a car generating 600 horsepower, the 2019 BMW M5 swoops in to blow our minds again by giving us a new car that delivers an additional 17 horsepower. The 2019 M5 is now available as a Sedan or Competition, a new model that combines everything we loved about the Competition package into its own trim.
2019 BMW M5 Photos:
2019 BMW M5 Exterior
The design of the 2019 BMW M5 is smart yet stylish. The contoured Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic roof lowers the center of gravity of the sedan and reduces its weight dramatically, while a lowered and enhanced chassis improves driving dynamics. A subtle M rear spoiler, M rear apron with diffuser, and weight-optimized exhaust system with quad tailpipes highlights the distinctive design from all sides. The 2019 M5 Competition elevates its style further with an M Sport exhaust system that complements its distinctive black tailpipes, kidney grille, mirror caps, and side gills.
2019 BMW M5 Exterior Photos:
Exterior features on the 2019 BMW M5 Sedan
- Weight-optimized dual exhaust system with M sound control button, Double Spoke Bicolor light alloy wheels, Non-run-flat performance tires, Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights, Automatic high beams, Power-folding heated side mirrors, Chrome exhaust tips, M rear spoiler, Signature M gills, Shadowline exterior trim, Power trunk-lid opening and closing, Automatic tilt-down of passenger’s side-view mirror when car is shifted into reverse gear, Rain-sensing windshield wipers with adjustable speed and automatic headlight control, Automatic-dimming driver’s-side exterior mirror, Ground-illuminating lights in exterior door handles, Lightweight carbon fiber-reinforce-plastic roof, Programmable LED Daytime Running Lights
Exterior features on the 2019 BMW M5 Competition
-Adds to or replaces features on Sedan-
- Y-Spoke Bicolor forged light alloy wheels; Black chrome exhaust tips and design elements; Extended Shadowline exterior trim including High-gloss Black Kidney Grilles, Mirror Caps, Rear Apron, and M5 Competition Logo; M rear spoiler in black high-gloss
2019 BMW M5 Performance
The speed generated by the 600-horsepower 2018 M5 was not enough to satisfy the German manufacturer. While the 2019 BMW M5 Sedan still pumps out 600 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque, the new 2019 BMW M5 Competition is even faster, bumping the power up to 617 horsepower. An upgraded 4.4-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V8 returns with the eight-speed M STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with paddle shifters. With the added power transfer of M xDrive all-wheel drive, the M5 Competition boasts a 0-60 mph time of only 3.1 seconds, though other sources claim these figures are rather conservative.
2019 BMW M5 Efficiency
The fuel economy of the 2019 BMW M5 is not yet available. The EPA estimates for the 2018 model year was 15 mpg in the city, 21 mpg on the highway, and 17 mpg combined, so the 2019 models will most likely see similar figures.
2019 BMW M5 Interior
The interior of the 2019 BMW M5 enhances the dynamic driving experience, guaranteeing comfort and convenience as you show off your attitude in this performance sedan. Features like a heated, leather-wrapped M sport steering wheel and 20-way power M multi-function seats with an illuminated M5 logo maintain the race-ready reputation all M models uphold.
2019 BMW M5 Interior Photos:
Interior features on the 2019 BMW M5 Sedan
- Interior: 20-way power M multi-function driver’s and front passenger’s seats with illuminated M5 logo, 40/20/40 split fold-down through-load rear seats, Extended Merino Leather upholstery, Aluminum Carbon Structure interior trim, Anthracite Alcantara® headliner, SensaTec dashboard, Three-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function M sport steering wheel with integrated controls, Automatic climate control with separate left/right temperature and air distribution controls, Heated steering wheel, Automatic-dimming interior rear-view mirror, Interior courtesy lights with automatic-dimming function, Three-stage heated front seats, Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel with automatic tilt-up for easy entry and exit
- Radio and Technology: Auto Start-Stop function, Brake Energy Regeneration, Memory system for driver’s and front passenger, AM/FM in-dash stereo CD/MP3 player with Radio Data System, 16-speaker Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System with equalizer and powerful 600-watt amplifier, HD Radio™ with “multicast” FM station reception, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with one-year All Access subscription, Apple CarPlay™ compatibility with one-year trial, Dynamic Cruise Control, iDrive 6.0 system, BMW Navigation system with 10.2-inch high-resolution touchscreen, Voice command system with Natural Language Understanding, Gesture Control, M-specific Head-up Display, BMW ConnectedDrive® Services, BMW TeleService, Engine Start/Stop button, Advanced Vehicle and Key Memory, Comfort Access keyless entry with multi-function remote control and hands-free trunk-lid opening/closing, Front and rear Park Distance Control, Universal garage-door opener, Two USB ports with 2.1A charging
Interior features on the 2019 BMW M5 Competition
-Adds to or replaces features on Sedan-
- Interior: Same features as Sedan
- Radio and Technology: Same features as Sedan
2019 BMW M5 Safety
The 2019 BMW M5 makes sure you stay safe, no matter how fast you go. With standard airbags, antilock disc brakes, rear-view camera, and adaptive brake lights, you can confidently focus on your performance.
Standard Safety Features
- M Compound four-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Rear-view Camera
- Adaptive Brake lights
- Front and rear Head Protection System
- Driver’s and passenger’s front airbag supplemental restraint system with advanced technology: dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment; and front-passenger-seat sensors designed to prevent unnecessary airbag deployment
- Seat-mounted front side-impact airbags
- LATCH attachments for child-restraint safety installation
- Impact sensor that activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of alternator, fuel pump and starter from battery; automatically unlocks doors, and turns on hazard and interior lights
- Active Driving Assistant includes Lane Departure Warning, Daytime Pedestrian Protection, Active Blind Spot Detection and Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation
- BMW Assist eCall™ includes Emergency Request (SOS button) and Enhanced Automatic Collision Notification
- BMW’s Active Protection System
All Things Tires: Recommended tires for your BMW