2016 Audi S6 Overview
The 2016 Audi S6 is a powerful car for drivers who want to rule the road. An IIHS Top Safety Pick+ when equipped with the available Driver Assistance package, this sedan is also committed to keeping passengers protected if the worst should happen. The interior is comfortable and roomy, and the quality of the materials reminds every passenger that they are riding in a luxury car. The Audi S6’s responsive handling and power under the hood gives the driver a fun drive, whether it’s a cruise for fun or the morning commute.
The 2016 Audi S6 is available in two trim levels: Premium Plus and Prestige
What’s New for the 2016 Audi S6?
The 2016 Audi S6 boasts a redesigned exterior, a refreshed interior, and a boost in power.
2016 Audi S6 Photos:
2016 Audi S6 Exterior
The front- and rear-end of the 2016 Audi S6 have been redesigned with new headlights, sleeker taillights, a reshaped bumper, and an angry-looking grille that gives the sedan a sharper, fresher look. It also features discreet quadruple exhaust pipes and aluminum-capped mirrors to let on that this is more than just a more expensive A6.
2016 Audi S6 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Premium Plus
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights, Power-adjustable and heated side mirrors with memory, S model quad exhaust outlets, Heated windshield washer nozzles, Trunk-mounted rear lip spoiler
Additional exterior available on the Prestige
- Full LED headlights, Power trunk, Aluminum trim on windows, Power-adjustable and heated side mirrors with memory, S model quad exhaust outlets, Heated windshield washer nozzles, Trunk-mounted rear lip spoiler
2016 Audi S6 Performance
The 2016 Audi S6 differs mainly from its little brother the A6 in that it only offers one engine instead of three—the most powerful of them all. At the heart of the S6 is a rumbly 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 that produces 450 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque. It’s mated to a 7-speed S-tronic dual-clutch transmission with Quattro all-wheel-drive to let you sprint from 0 to 62 mph in less than 4 seconds.
2016 Audi S6 Efficiency
The 2016 Audi S6 is surprisingly efficient, considering its displacement and overall power. The EPA estimates 18 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg combined. It sports a 19.8 gallon fuel tank, so customers should be able to go about 415 miles before needing a pit stop.
2016 Audi S6 Interior
The 2016 Audi S6 offers a high-quality interior with one of the best navigation systems available on the market. Standard equipment includes leather seats, Bluetooth phone and audio capability, and seat memory. It’s astonishingly quiet and couldn’t be more inviting with the available Beaufort wood trim and aluminum accents.
Interior available on the Premium Plus
- Interior Features: Valcona leather seats with contrast diamond stitching, Four-zone climate control, Multifunction flat-bottom sport steering wheel with shift paddles and S6 badging, Natural Brown Wood inlays, Ambient LED interior lighting, Aluminum door sill inlays with S6 badging, Leather-wrapped gear selector
- Radio and Technology: MMI® navigation plus with voice control system, Audi side assist with pre sense® rear, 7-inch color driver info system, HD Radio™ Technology, INRIX XD® Traffic, SD Card slot with 32 GB operating capacity, Audi Drive Select, Bluetooth
Additional interior available on the Prestige
- Interior Features: Valcona leather seats with contrast diamond stitching, Four-zone climate control, Multifunction flat-bottom sport steering wheel with shift paddles and S6 badging, Natural Brown Wood inlays, Ambient LED interior lighting, Aluminum door sill inlays with S6 badging, leather-wrapped gear selector
- Radio and Technology: BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers and AudioPilot® noise compensation, MMI® navigation plus with voice control system, Heads-up display with navigation info, SD Card slot with 32 GB operating capacity, Bluetooth, HD Radio™ Technology, INRIX XD® Traffic, Audi Drive Select
2016 Audi S6 Safety
The 2016 Audi S6 comes standard with antilock disc brakes, stability control, front-seat side airbags, front knee airbags, and full-length side curtain airbags. Optional are rear-side airbags, rearview and top-view cameras, lane-keeping assist, a night-vision camera, front and rear parking sensors, and blind-spot warning. In government crash tests, it received the highest possible five-star score for overall safety. It was also named a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS, its highest honor.
Standard Safety Features
- Electronic Stability Control with secondary collision brake assist and traction control
- Dual-stage airbags
- Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution and brake assist
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Audi Side Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control sensor technology
- Anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Top View/Corner View/Night Vision Camera and infrared systems