2016 Ford Escape Overview
The 2016 Ford Escape is the American automaker’s most popular compact SUV and it’s not hard to see why. With the choice of three quality engines and the availability of all of Ford’s advanced technology, the 2016 Ford Escape is an affordable, powerful, and secure vehicle well suited for the entire family.
The 2016 Ford Escape is offered in three trim levels: Escape S, Escape SE, and Escape Titanium.
Increasing Car Safety: Keep our roads safe by stopping distracted driving
What’s New for the 2016 Ford Escape?
The 2016 Ford Escape is making its Chrome appearance package available for the SE trim and the new Escape is also available in two new colors: Shadow Black and Electric Spice. The 2016 Ford Escape also offers the new SYNC® 3 communications and entertainment system, which provides consumers a new interactive touchscreen technology inside the cabin that functions like the vehicle’s tablet or smartphone.
2016 Ford Escape Photos:
2016 Ford Escape Exterior
For such a sleek and stylish vehicle, some people may be surprised to learn the 2016 Ford Escape features a starting MSRP of $23,450. The 2016 Escape comes standard with 17-inch Sparkle Silver-painted aluminum wheels and features an available body-color rear spoiler. The 2016 Ford Escape comes available with an available Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate that allows the driver or passengers to open the power liftgate when their hands are full, simply by kicking their foot underneath the rear bumper.
2016 Ford Escape Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2016 Ford Escape S:
- 4.2-inch rear view camera, Halogen headlamps, Integrated blind spot mirrors, Rear intermittent wiper/washer, Front variable intermittent wipers
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Escape SE:
- Adds to or replaces features on Escape S: Fog lamps, Dual chrome exhaust tips, Privacy glass on rear windows, Chrome beltline molding
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford Escape Titanium:
- Adds to or replaces features on Escape SE: Heated exterior mirrors, Foot-activated Liftgate, Reverse sensing system, 8-inch rear view camera
2016 Ford Escape Performance
The 2016 Ford Escape S comes equipped with a standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine good for 168 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Ford Escape SE features a standard 1.6-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost® engine capable of 168 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque. The SE trim also comes available with the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine or a 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine that pumps out an upgraded 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Ford escape Titanium comes standard with the 1.6-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine, but is available with the 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine option.
2016 Ford Escape Efficiency
The 2016 Ford Escape S gets good fuel economy with 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. The 2016 Ford Escape SE featuring the standard 1.6-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost® engine receives 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway in FWD. In AWD, The 2016 Ford Escape SE with its standard engine is good for 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. When equipped with the available 2.0-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine the 2016 Ford Escape can manage 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway in FWD, while in AWD this engine is slightly less fuel-efficient at 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
2016 Ford Escape Interior
The interior of the 2016 Ford Escape is engineered to be spacious and comfortable. The 2016 Ford Escape also comes available with the new SYNC® 3 communications and entertainment system, which can be used use to locate your favorite restaurant or the closest ATM. The new SYNC 3 technology can respond to your voice as you provide real-world voice commands.
Each trim level of the 2016 Ford Escape comes with unique features that are listed below.
2016 Ford Escape Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2016 Ford Escape S:
- 60/40 split second-row seat, Center floor console with armrest, Ice Blue® interior lighting, Center LED dome lamp, Power Windows with Driver’s One-Touch-Up/Down
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Escape SE:
- Adds to or replaces features on Escape S: Sun visors with dual illuminated vanity mirrors, Automatic headlamps, Compass and outside temperature display, Chrome door release levers
Interior available on the 2016 Ford Escape Titanium:
- Adds to or replaces features on Escape SE: Memory feature for driver’s seat and exterior mirrors, Full leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats, Remote Start, Ambient Lighting, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise and audio controls and manual tilt and telescoping, Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
2016 Ford Escape Safety
The 2016 Ford escape comes standard with driver’s knee airbag, front seat-mounted airbags, and Safety Canopy® System side-curtain airbags. Additionally, the 2016 Ford Escape received a four-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Standard Safety Features
- Brake Assist
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Safety Canopy® System side-curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Personal Safety System with dual –stage driver and front-passenger airbags
- LATCH at rear outboard seating positions
Environmentally Friendly: What are the eight greenest vehicles on the roads today?
- Tim ShultsContributor
Tim Shults is the President of the Shults Auto Group. In his spare time he likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters. Shults Auto Group is the largest auto group in the Southern tier. With over 400 employees, Shults Auto Group has 11 different dealerships carrying 15 different makes and 2 strictly used car stores, Shults Toyota, Ed Shults Chevrolet Cadillac, Shults Chevrolet of Westfield, Edmond Chevrolet Buick GMC, Ed Shults Ford Lincoln of Jamestown, Kia of Jamestown, Ed Shults Subaru of Warren, Shults Hyundai, Ed Shults Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Warren, Shults Resale, Shults Resale Olean, and Shults Nissan.