2017 Dodge Durango Overview
In an industry that is currently adding more SUVs than ever before, it can be hard for a utility vehicle to truly stand out. Fortunately, Dodge has found a pretty sound formula for that dilemma, perfecting it to present the 2017 Dodge Durango.
The Durango stays at the front of the pack with its incredible power and performance, staples of the Dodge brand. The latest technologies and amenities also provide the Dodge Durango with a distinct advantage in its ever-growing segment.
All About the Durango: History of the Dodge Durango
What’s New for the 2017 Dodge Durango
For 2017, the Dodge Durango ditches its previous Limited trim in favor of the new GT trim. Meanwhile, drivers can order the base SXT trim of the vehicle with just two rows of seats if they so choose, maximizing on cargo space.
Advancements to the Durango’s rearview camera also provides driver with a better look at any trailer or load that they are hauling.
The 2017 Dodge Durango comes with rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive configurations in six separate trim levels: SXT, SXT Plus, GT, Citadel, R/T, and Citadel Ionized Platinum.
Additional 2017 Dodge Durango Photos:
2017 Dodge Durango Exterior
An aggressive stance isn’t the only thing that the Dodge Durango’s exterior has to offer. Standard automatic headlamps and a rear window defroster and wiper provide Durango drivers with a clearer look at the path ahead.
Higher trims of the 2017 Dodge Durango offer additional exterior amenities, like a power liftgate and rain-sensitive wipers.
2017 Dodge Durango Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango SXT:
- Bright/accent color grille, Chrome headlamp bezels, Body-colored exterior mirrors, Body-colored door handles, Automatic headlamps, Accent color shark fin antenna, P265 / 60R18 BSW all season LRR tires, Halogen headlamps, Power locking fuel filler door, 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, Rear window defroster and wiper, Capless fuel fill, Power heated exterior mirrors with manual fold-away, Body-colored front and rear fascia, Projector fog lamps, Belt moldings, Accent color wheel lip molding, LED tail lamps with red accents, Compact spare wheel
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango SXT Plus:
- Integrated roof rail crossbars, Bright side roof rails
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango GT:
- 20-inch Hyper Black aluminum wheels, 265 / 50R20 all season performance tires, Bright front door sill scuff pads, Exterior mirrors with memory and turn signals, Pirelli brand tires, LED Daytime Running Lights, Body-color shark fin antenna, Bright exhaust tip, Power multi-function mirrors with manual fold-away, Driver’s auto-dimming exterior mirror
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel:
- Bright Premium grille, Rain-sensitive wipers, Body-color lip molding, Chrome mirrors, Dual rear exhaust with bright tips, Bright door handles, Automatic high beam headlamp control, Automatic headlamp leveling system, Low beam HID headlamps, 20-inch fully polished aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango R/T:
- Body-color exterior mirrors, Body-color door handles, Power liftgate, Black headlamp bezels, body-color sill molding, Bridgestone tires, Accented fascias, Body-color fascias, 20-inch aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel Ionized Platinum:
- Pirelli brand tires, 265/50R20 all-season performance tires, Platinum badging, Integrated roof rail crossbars, Platinum fog lamp bezels, Body-color sill molding with bright insert, 20-inch satin carbon finish wheels, Black roof rails, Platinum rear lower fascia, Chrome exterior mirror, Compact spare wheel, Platinum front fascia, Sill with platinum accent, Platinum mirror caps
2017 Dodge Durango Performance
The 2017 Dodge Durango comes standard as one of the most powerful SUVs on the market. Its 3.6-liter V6 24-valve VVT engine produces 295 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
The Dodge Durango R/T trim only improves upon that performance with its 5.7-liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT engine. The HEMI allows for the Durango to achieve and impressive 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Dodge Durango Efficiency
While the Durango may be one of the top SUV models in terms of power, it falls a little bit behind in the realm of fuel efficiency. Nevertheless, the standard powertrain configuration of the 2017 Dodge Durango still allows for the vehicle to reach a fuel efficiency of 19/26 City/Highway mpg.
2017 Dodge Durango Interior
Just as the powertrain under the hood of the Durango was designed by Dodge to be as powerful as possible, Dodge aimed for the interior cabin of the SUV to be as intuitive as possible. In order to achieve this goal, Dodge lined the interior of the 2017 Durango with some the best features and technologies at its disposal.
A standard 5.0-inch touchscreen display serves as the central hub of the Durango’s media interface. As drivers advanced to higher trims, that 5.0-inch display is replaced with a larger and more interactive 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
2017 Dodge Durango Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango SXT:
- Comfort and Seating: Cargo tie down loops, Sun visors and vanity mirrors, Overhead console, Luxury front and rear floor mats, Rotary shifter, Illuminated entry, Door trim panel with ambient lighting, Seven passenger seating, Power accessory delay, Illuminated cup holders, Cargo compartment carpet, 12-volt AUX power outlet, Delete third-row seats, Second-row 60/40 folding seat, Temp and compass gauge, Manual adjust seats, A/C with three-zone auto temp control, Front and rear interior LED lamps, Interior removable/rechargeable lamp, Passenger assist handles, Interior assist handles, Power locks and windows, Sill Molding, Tilt/telescopic steering column, AUX 12-volt rear power outlet, Rear A/C with heater, Front-passenger fold-flat seat, Cargo trim panel with storage net, Cloth low-back bucket seats, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone
- Technology: Electronic Vehicle Info Center, Premium Instrument Cluster (with tachometer), Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, 5.0-inch touchscreen display, Six speakers, GPS Antenna Input, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Media Hub (USB/SD/AUX), Uconnect® 5.0 with AM/FM/BT
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango SXT Plus:
- Comfort and Seating: Power four-way driver lumbar adjust, Power eight-way driver seat/manual passenger seat, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: Bluetooth Streaming Audio
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango GT:
- Comfort and Seating: Luxury leather-trimmed bucket seats, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Third-row seat, Driver/passenger power four-way lumbar adjust, Heated front and second-row seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Power eight-way driver seat with memory and 6-way passenger seat, Heated steering wheel
- Technology: Navigation (capability – see dealer for activation), 8.4-inch touchscreen display, 115-Volt auxiliary power outlet, 1-year SiriusXM radio service, Dual remote USB port, Universal garage door opener, Uconnect 8.4
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel:
- Comfort and Seating: Power eight-way driver seat with memory and 6-way passenger seat, Cargo net, Floor console with leather armrest, Leather-wrapped door panels, Ventilated front seats, Cargo compartment cover, Power tilt/telescoping steering column, Luxury leather-trimmed bucket seats, Power sunroof, Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: 5-year SiriusXM Traffic Service, 506-watt amplifier 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer, GPS Navigation, 5-year SiriusXM Travel Link Service, HD Radio, Uconnect 8.4 NAV, SiriusXM Traffic with 5-year Traffic subscription
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango R/T:
- Comfort and Seating: Tip start, Front passenger fold-flat seat, Memory for radio and driver’s seat and mirrors, Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Technology: Beats Premium Audio System
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel Ionized Platinum:
- Comfort and Seating: Power sunroof
- Technology: 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer
2017 Dodge Durango Safety
In addition to the technology that is featured throughout the cabin, the 2017 Dodge Durango also has a suite of 60 available safety features and security measures. Standard technology like Hill Start Assist and Rain Brake Support allow the Durango to safely take on any terrain.
Some of the standard safety features for the 2017 Dodge Durango are as follows:
- Ready Alert Braking
- Traction Control
- Electronic Stability Control
- Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
- Rain Brake Support
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Keyless Go™
- Trailer Sway Damping
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Supplemental airbag system
- Advanced Multistage airbags
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor
- Hill Start Assist
- Active Head Restraints
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
The Latest From Dodge: Catch Up On The Latest Dodge News