2019 GMC Canyon Overview
The 2019 GMC Canyon helps drivers tackle tough jobs with a combination of proven reliability, powerful performance, and rugged capability. For the new model year, this midsize pickup truck also features a small but significant number of upgrades.
Practical Pickup: Learn how the GMC Canyon can help you get the job done
What’s New for the 2019 GMC Canyon?
The biggest changes for the 2019 Canyon involve technology. The Canyon’s new 7-inch GMC Infotainment System offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility, enhanced voice recognition, cloud-connected navigation with real-time traffic, and automatic software updates. The 2019 Canyon also gets a digital Rear Vision Camera in place of the previous model’s analog version.
Rear Park Assist is now available for the Canyon. SLE and above models get a second hands-free microphone for improved voice recognition, along with a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. Exterior changes include new 17-inch wheels for the SLE and four new paint colors: Sedona Metallic, Smokey Quartz Metallic, Dark Sky Metallic, and Blue Emerald Metallic.
2019 GMC Canyon Photos:
2019 GMC Canyon Exterior
The 2019 Canyon provides plenty of features to help you work more effectively. The standard CornerStep bumper allows easy access to the bed. Cargo box lighting, an EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, bedliner with built-in storage, bed rails, and cargo tie-downs are available on all trims above the SL.
The Canyon also gives you numerous choices for customizing your truck’s look, from the rugged All Terrain to the luxurious Denali. A variety of wheel sizes and styles are available, and you can also choose from different chrome and body-color options for the grille, door and tailgate handles, and mirror caps.
The Canyon is offered in three body styles — Extended Cab; Crew Cab, Short Box; and Crew Cab, Long Box — and in either 2WD or 4WD. The SL is only available as a 2WD Extended Cab. The 4WD Canyon is only available as an Extended Cab. The two All Terrain trims are only available in 4WD. The SLT and Denali trims are not available in the Extended Cab configuration.
2019 GMC Canyon Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SL
- Capless fuel fill, 16-inch Ultra Silver metallic cast aluminum wheels, 16-inch all-season blackwall tires, 18-inch compact spare tire, Black beltline moldings, Black door handles, Black manual outside mirrors, Black tailgate handle, Cab-mounted cargo area lamps, Chrome rear bumper, Compact spare wheel, CornerStep rear bumper, Glass windshield shade band, Halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature, Locking tailgate, Available front license plate bracket, Available solid paint
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Available 16-inch all-season blackwall spare tire, Available 16-inch steel spare wheel, Available 5-inch black or chrome rectangular assist steps, Available black tubular assist steps, Available bedliner with integral storage compartments, Available black bed rails, Available black molded hood protector, Available cargo box LED lighting, Available cargo tie-downs (set of two or four), Available drop-in bedliner, Available EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, Available Exterior Convenience Package, Available fog lamps (dealer installed), Available front and rear splash guards, Available keyless entry keypad, Available Performance Skid Plate Package, Available Power Package, Available off-road sport bar, Available rubber bed mat, Available side window weather deflector, Available soft-folding tonneau cover, Available soft roll-up tonneau cover with integrated support bows, Available spray-on bedliner, Available wheel locks
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on Canyon: 17-inch Bright Silver cast aluminum wheels, 17-inch all-season blackwall tires, Body-color door handles, Body-color heated power outside mirrors, Chrome beltline moldings, EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate, Fog lamps, Spotter mirror, Available chrome door handles (dealer installed), Available chrome mirror caps, Available chrome tailgate handle, Available manual sliding rear window, Available SLE Chrome Appearance Package
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain – Cloth
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: Black recovery hooks, 16-inch all-season blackwall spare tire, 16-inch steel spare wheel, 17-inch Dark Argent metallic cast aluminum wheels, 17-inch all-terrain blackwall tires, All Terrain black grille, Body-color rear bumper, Manual sliding rear window, Available All Terrain X Package, Available 17-inch P265/70R17 all-terrain blackwall tires, Available chrome recovery hooks
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain – Leather Appointed
- Same exterior features as the All Terrain – Cloth
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on All Terrain – Cloth: Chrome heated power outside mirrors, Chrome door handles, Chrome rear bumper, 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, 18-inch polished cast aluminum wheels, Available wheel locks
Exterior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: 20-inch P255/55R20 all-season blackwall tires, 20-inch bright machined aluminum wheels, 5-inch Denali chrome rectangular assist steps, Denali cargo box LED lighting, Denali chrome grille, Body-color rear bumper, Spray-on bedliner, Available 20-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
2019 GMC Canyon Performanc
The 2019 Canyon’s base engine is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder that gets 200 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque. It can be paired with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The next step up is a 3.6-liter V6 that gets 308 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Finally, there’s a 2.8-liter Duramax Turbo-Diesel. This engine, only offered on SLT and Denali trims, puts out 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque, and is connected to a six-speed automatic transmission.
When equipped with the 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, the Canyon gets an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. The 3.6-liter V6 is rated at 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway (that goes down to 17 mpg and 24 mpg for All Terrain trims). The 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel is the Canyon’s most efficient engine, achieving 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
2019 GMC Canyon Interior
All trims of the 2019 Canyon feature the new GMC Infotainment System, a six-speaker audio system, voice-activated technology, and Bluetooth. Higher Canyon trims offer premium features like wireless charging, cloth or leather seat trim, heated steering wheel and seats, a Bose premium audio system, and built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi.
2019 GMC Canyon Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SL
- Two-way manual front passenger seat, Four-way power driver seat, Black interior door handles, Driver and front passenger visors with passenger mirror, Front bucket seats, Front center console, Inside rearview manual day/night mirror, Interior center dome lights, Manual tilt steering column, Power door locks, Power windows with driver express-up/down, Rubberized vinyl floor covering, Rear seat delete, Vinyl seat trim, Single-zone climate control, Available Jet Black/Dark Ash vinyl seat trim, 3.5-inch diagonal monochromatic Driver Information Screen, Six-speaker audio system, 7-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment System, Bluetooth streaming audio, Multi-touch display and AM/FM stereo, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Voice-activated technology for phone, USB ports, Available SiriusXM Radio
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon
- Adds to or replaces features on SL: Carpeted floor covering, Dual rear seats with underseat storage, Front carpeted floor mats, Rear carpeted floor mats, Available Convenience Package, Available Interior Protection Package, Available all-weather floor liners, Available all-weather floor mats, Available cruise control, Available Jet Black/Dark Ash cloth seat trim, Available rear window defogger, Available Techno Steel interior trim kit, Available GMC Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity, Available OnStar and GMC Connected Services capability, Available Rear Park Assist, Available remote keyless entry, Available theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system, Available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SLE
- Adds to or replaces features on Canyon: Six-way power driver seat, Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Cruise control, Soft-touch instrument panel materials, Interior dual reading lights, Aluminum interior trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Overhead console, Rear window defogger, Cloth seat trim, Steering wheel-mounted controls, Available power driver and front passenger lumbar control, Available Jet Black cloth seat trim, Available four-way power front passenger seat, Available heated driver and front passenger seats, Available heated steering wheel, Available automatic climate control, Available SLE Convenience Package, Available Cocoa/Dune cloth seat trim, 2-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center, 8-inch Premium GMC Infotainment System, Charging-only USB ports, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi, GMC Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity, OnStar and GMC Connected Services capability, HD Radio, SiriusXM Radio, HD Rear Vision Camera, Driver side and passenger side microphones, Remote keyless entry, Theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system, Available remote start, Available Forward Collision Alert, Available Driver Alert Package, Available Lane Departure Warning
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain – Cloth
- Adds to or replaces features on SLE: Four-way power front passenger seat, Automatic climate control, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Power driver and front passenger lumbar control, Available Jet Black/Cobalt Red cloth seat trim, Remote start, Available 8-inch Premium GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, Available Bose premium audio system, Available USB data ports and auxiliary input jack with SD card reader
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain – Leather Appointed
- Adds to or replaces features on All Terrain – Cloth: Heated steering wheel, Leather-appointed front seats, Available Jet Black/Cobalt Red leather-appointed front seats, Rear Park Assist, Wireless charging
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
- Adds to or replaces features on All Terrain – Leather Appointed: Interior rear courtesy lights and dual reading lights, Rear folding bench seat, Available rear protective seat cover, Available Cocoa/Dune or Jet Black leather-appointed front seats, Available Forward Collision Alert, Available Lane Departure Warning, Available Driver Alert Package
Interior features available on the 2019 GMC Canyon Denali
- Adds to or replaces features on SLT: Ventilated river and front passenger seats, Available Jet Black perforated leather-appointed seat trim, 8-inch diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, Bose premium audio system, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Driver Alert Package, USB data ports and auxiliary input jack with SD card reader.
The 2019 Canyon’s standard Rear Vision Camera makes it easier and safer to maneuver the truck while carrying big loads or working in tight spaces. For safer performance, the Canyon’s electronic traction and StabiliTrak stability control systems maintain control and grip even in messy conditions.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 GMC Canyon
- Rear Vision Camera
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- Six airbags
- Daytime Running Lamps
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- Teen Driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Electronic traction control
- Electrical theft-deterrent system
From Acadia to Yukon: The meaning behind GMC’s vehicle names