2016 Kia Forte5 Overview
While the compact hatchback segment is quite competitive, there’s one vehicle that truly stands out: the 2016 Kia Forte5. With two engine options and three trim levels to choose from, there’s no doubt the Forte5 will make you love driving all over again. Add its combination European style, an abundance of technology, and a versatile interior, and it’s likely you will want to drive away in the 2016 Kia Forte5.
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Forte5
The Kia Forte5 gets an entirely new base trim level—LX—for the 2016 model year. This base trim comes with standard Remote Keyless Entry, while a rear-camera display comes standard on the EX and above.
The 2016 Kia Forte5 is offered in three trim levels: LX, EX, and SX.
2016 Kia Forte5 Photos:
2016 Kia Forte5 Exterior
If you’re looking for a touch of European style in your next vehicle, then look no further than the 2016 Kia Forte5. This sophisticated hatchback offers an aggressive stance, clean lines, and a rounded body, which makes it a force to be reckoned with in its segment. Add the Forte5’s crisp 16-inch alloy wheels and you have an unexpectedly elegant five-door option.
2016 Kia Forte5 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on LX:
- 16-inch steel wheels, Auto on/off projection headlights, Front fog lights, Heated side mirrors with turn signal indicators, Variable intermittent wipers, Rear wiper, Rear-window defroster, Locking fuel filler door, Exhaust tip finisher
Exterior available on EX:
- 17-inch alloy wheels, LED positioning lights, Power-folding outside mirrors, Chrome door window belt line garnish, Chrome outside door handle inserts
Exterior available on SX:
- 18-inch alloy wheels, Front/rear sport fascias, LED taillights, Dual exhaust with chrome tip, Black exterior mirrors and door handles
2016 Kia Forte5 Performance
The 2016 Forte5 comes with two engine choices. For the standard powertrain, Kia offers a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which generates an impressive 173 horsepower and 154 lb-ft of torque. The top-notch SX trim comes with a spunky 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that gives the hatchback a power boost with 201 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque. While the LX and EX trim levels come with a standard six-speed automatic transmission, the SX comes with a six-speed manual that adds to the Forte5’s fun-to-drive experience.
2016 Kia Forte5 Efficiency
Depending on the engine option you choose, fuel efficiency for the 2016 Forte5 varies. The 2.0-liter engine comes with an EPA-estimated 28 mpg combined. The turbocharged 1.6-liter is rated at a 24 mpg combined, regardless of the transmission you choose.
2016 Kia Forte5 Interior
The 2016 Kia Forte5 offers a combination of amenities, technology, and comfort. Soft-touch materials, standard 60/40-split rear seats, and plenty of cargo space make the Forte5 the most practical choice in its segment. A standard SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and a variety of other technologies make it easy to stay connected while out on the road. The Forte5’s cabin provides consumers with high-end appointments at an affordable price.
Interior available on LX:
- Soft-touch dash and door panels, LCD trip computer, Dual 12-volt outlets, Day/night interior rearview mirror, Knit and woven cloth seat trim, Power doors and windows,
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system, USB/aux input ports, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth
Interior available on EX:
- Trip computer Dot-matrix LCD, Cooling glove box, Leather-wrapped steering and shift knob
- FlexSteer, Rear camera display
Interior available on SX:
- Shift indicator (M/T), Door handle pocket light, Metal pedals
- Push button start with Smart Key, Immobilizer (theft-deterrent)
2016 Kia Forte5 Safety
Kia always puts safety first, which is why it comes as no surprise that the 2016 Kia Forte5 has a long list of standard safety features. With all the newest safety technology, the Forte5 is sure to give you peace of mind while you’re out on the road.
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced dual-stage airbags
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LATCH child safety system