10 Things to Know About the 2020 Hyundai Palisade
Hyundai just introduced its new 2020 Palisade SUV. Here are 10 things to know about the Korean automaker’s newest model, which should arrive in the U.S. sometime this summer.
1. As Hyundai’s new flagship SUV, the Palisade is also the automaker’s largest vehicle, offering seating room for eight people.
2. The Palisade offers more standard horsepower (291) than any competitors in its segment. That power is provided by a direct-injected 3.8-liter V6 engine that also makes 262 lb-ft of torque.
3. The Palisade’s eight-speed automatic transmission is controlled via shift-by-wire push buttons on the center console. This system also includes technology that automatically shifts the Palisade into park when the driver turns off the engine and opens the door.
4. The Palisade’s HTRAC AWD system features a new Snow Mode, which optimizes torque distribution, slip control, and shifting for snowy conditions.
Dare to Compare: How do Hyundai vehicles stack up against the competition?
5. The Palisade’s standard Hyundai SmartSense safety suite includes eight different driver-assist technologies: Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Lane Following Assist, High Beam Assist, Driver Attention Warning, Safe Exit Assist, Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go, and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist.
6. The Palisade offers an available class-exclusive Blind View Monitor, which provides a full view to the vehicle’s side when the turn signal is on.
7. The Palisade makes it easy for the driver to interact with passengers in the second and third row — or not. A conversation mirror offers a clear view of everyone in the rear seats. The Driver Talk in-vehicle intercom system allows the driver to directly address the second and third rows through the Palisade’s audio system. There’s also a Rear Sleep Mode so front occupants can listen to audio without disturbing anyone in the back.
8. The Palisade is equipped with an industry-first roof vent diffuser. This feature provides quieter, more efficient air conditioning to the vehicle’s second and third row and gives rear passengers more control over airflow.
9. The Palisade’s cabin offers plenty of headroom and legroom for everyone — and it feels even larger thanks to a fixed-glass rear sunroof opening that lets in extra light for passengers in the back.
10. Last but not least: The Palisade offers seven USB ports and 16 cupholders, ensuring that passengers in all three rows will always be able to hook up their devices and store their drinks.
Ready for Adventure: Get the details on the new Hyundai Kona crossover
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.