2015 Ford F-150 Named Truck Trend’s 2015 Pickup Truck of the Year
Oh, look, another award for the 2015 Ford F-150. Not only is Ford’s smartest, toughest, most capable, prettiest, loveliest, and bestest truck ever built now the 2015 Urban Truck of the Year and 2015 North American Truck of the Year, but it’s also Truck Trend’s 2015 Pickup Truck of the Year.
“Ford has found a sweet spot in the half-ton pickup segment, delivering a compelling mix of efficiency and capability, while still delivering an enhanced driving experience that American consumers demand,” said Sean P. Holman, Truck Trend content director. “What we put these trucks through was nothing short of grueling, and it was the F-150 that consistently impressed our experts.”
At this point, less than two whole weeks into 2015, the new F-150 has already racked up 19 awards of varying importance. Don’t believe us? Here they are:
- 2015 North American Truck of the Year
- 2015 Urban Truck of the Year
- Detroit Free Press 2015 Truck of the Year
- Detroit News 2015 Vehicle of the Year
- Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Truck
- Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Overall
- Popular Science Automotive Grand Award Winner Best of What’s New
- Texas Auto Writers Association Truck of Texas
- Texas Auto Writers Association Luxury Pickup Truck
- Texas Auto Writers Association Full-Size Pickup Truck
- Texas Auto Writers Association Best Technology Feature for high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy
- New England Motor Press Association Yankee Cup
- Automotive Fleet Magazine 2014 Fleet Truck of the Year
- Motor Press Guild 2014 Innovation Vehicle of the Year Over $30K
- AutoGuide 2015 Reader’s Choice Truck of the Year
- Automobile Journalists Association of Canada 2015 Best New Pickup Truck
- New Car Test Drive 2015 Truck of the Year
- Ruedas ESPN Best Full-Size Pickup Truck
Not for nothing, but it was also the most-Googled vehicle in 2014, so there’s that. Something tells us there’s plenty more awards and accolades where that came from. You might just say that the 2015 Ford F-150 is the cream of the crop.
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.