2016 Chevrolet Camaro Overview
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is a legendary muscle car that is all-new this model year and will turn every head on the street as you drive past. This is one of the most anticipated cars for the 2016 model year, and it has rolled off of the assembly line ready to take down the competition with powerful engines, unique styling, and a good dose of nostalgia. Drivers can rest easy, knowing that this car has been put through rigorous GM testing, in addition to being road track tested on eight of the world’s most famous tracks.
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is offered in four trim levels: 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, and 2SS. All models are available as coupes or convertibles.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro?
The real question is what isn’t new about this vehicle. For the 2016 model year, the Chevrolet Camaro is all-new, with a freshly sculpted exterior and a modern, user-friendly interior. The Camaro will also be available with a new four-cylinder engine alongside the traditional V6 and V8 choices. All of the changes to the vehicle have helped the muscle car drop 200 pounds for increased speed.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Exterior
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro’s exterior is streamlined with a strong stance that tells the world very loudly how powerful it is. The car’s shape still harkens back to the original Camaro shape, but with a more modern twist. The front grille looks very serious, with a smaller grille than the previous generation, and the rear of the vehicle is accentuated with LED taillamps.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
- Variable-speed intermittent windshield wipers with washers, 18-inch silver-painted aluminum wheels, Tire inflation kit, 245/50R18 blackwall all-season tires, Power-adjustable body-color mirrors, LED Daytime Running Lamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Optional heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
- Adds to or replaces features on 2LT: Rear stanchion spoiler; 20-inch bright, 5-spoke, silver-painted aluminum wheels; 245/40ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear runflat, summer-only, blackwall tires; HID headlamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SS: Memory Package, Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Performance
The 2.0-liter four-cylinder SIDI engine with VVT achieves 275 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, which is nothing to sneeze at. The larger 3.6-liter V6 direct injection engine with VVT performs at 225 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque. The largest engine option is a 6.2-liter V8 direct injection engine that packs a punch with 455 horsepower and 455 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Efficiency
The Chevy Camaro is a powerhouse of a car, and that is reflected in its fuel efficiency. At this time, there is no EPA estimate available for the four-cylinder engine. The V6 engine paired with a manual transmission achieves 18/27 mpg city/highway. With a manual transmission, the V8 engine option achieves 16/25 mpg city/highway. The automatic transmission paired with the V8 engine is estimated to get 17/28 mpg city/highway.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Interior
The interior of the Chevy Camaro is sporty and modern, with a functional shape and sport bucket seats. It’s also equipped with the latest technology, like Chevrolet MyLink and an available Bose sound system to keep drivers entertained on any drive, whether it’s a run around a track or the morning commute. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ensure that you stay connected to your mobile device but keep your eyes on the road and any obstacles ahead.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
- Front Sport bucket seats, Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, One power outlet, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Inside manual day/night rearview mirror, Front reading lamps, Power windows with driver and passenger Express-Down/Up, Electric rear-window defogger, Single-zone automatic climate control, 2 front cup holders, Rear folding seat, Power programmable door locks, Aluminum accents on door trim and shifter cap, Color Driver Information Center display, Electronic cruise control, Compass display, Power trunk release, Carpeted front floor mats, Non-illuminated driver and front passenger vanity mirrors, Dead pedal, 8-way power driver seat, Keyless Access with push-button start, 6-way power front passenger seat, Lockable glovebox,6-month OnStar Guidance Plan, OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot , 5-year OnStar Basic Plan, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen, 2 USB ports, Auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Illuminated driver and front passenger vanity mirrors, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Universal Home Remote, Heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Bose premium 9-speaker system , Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
- Adds to or replaces features on 2LT: Bose premium 9-speaker system , Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirrors, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen
Interior available on the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
- Adds to or replaces features on 1SS: Universal Home Remote, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, Wireless charging, Interior spectrum lighting, Dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Center, Head-up display, Heated steering wheel, Illuminated sill plates, Heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats, Bose premium 9-speaker system, Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Rear Park Assist
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Safety
The Chevy Camaro’s intricate airbag system, partnered with a rear vision camera, is ready to protect passengers if the worst should happen.
Standard Safety Features
- Rear Vision Camera
- Dual-stage frontal airbags
- Driver and front passenger air bags
- Head curtain side-impact airbags
- 3-point safety belts
- Thorax side-impact and knee airbags
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for Children), for safety seats
- Trunk emergency release handle