2016 Fiat 500c Overview
The 2016 Fiat 500c is a subcompact convertible with a starting MSRP of $20,345. The 500c offers multiple engine options, as well as the choice between a six-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. This Fiat 500c competes directly with the Volkswagen Beetle, Mini Cooper, and Honda Fit.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s new for the 2016 Fiat 500c?
The 2016 Fiat 500c is now available in a new Easy trim level, which is just above the Pop model. The Easy trim comes with premium cloth bucket seats, a six-speaker Alphine premium audio system, and a seven-inch color driver information display. The 2016 Fiat 500c also comes standard with the Uconnect multimedia system and Bluetooth capabilities.
2016 Fiat 500c Photos:
2016 Fiat 500c Exterior
The 2016 Fiat 500c features a spunky and stylish Italian design. The vehicle’s canvas top can be lowered at speeds of up to 60 mph. Unlike traditional convertibles, the 500c’s canvas top folds down onto the rear deck of the vehicle, instead of into a well, which leaves the vehicle’s metal frame intact for added protection. The new 500c comes standard with 15-inch steel wheels and high-beam daytime running lamps. A rear spoiler is an optional feature. Exterior color options include Spitfire Orange, Laser Blu, Rhino Clear Coat, Celeste Blu, and Rosso.
2016 Fiat 500c Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Pop
- 15-inch steel wheels, Body-color power heated mirrors, Rear window defroster, Tinted windshield glass, Exterior spotter mirrors, Power convertible top, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, High beam daytime running headlamps, Chrome exhaust tip, Chrome door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Easy
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: 15-inch silver aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Lounge
- Adds to or replaces features on Easy: Fog lamps
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Abarth
- Adds to or replaces features on Lounge: 16-inch silver aluminum wheels
2016 Fiat 500c Performance
There are two powertrain options available for the 2016 Fiat 500 convertible. The new 500c comes standard with a naturally aspirated 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine good for 101 horsepower and 98 lb-ft of torque. The more performance-oriented Arbarth convertible features a turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder that pumps out up to 160 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. All 2016 Fiat 500c trim levels are available with either a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
2016 Fiat 500c Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Fiat 500c depends on the consumer’s choice of engine and transmission:
- When equipped with the naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission, the 2016 Fiat 500c yields an EPA-estimated 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.
- When equipped with the naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission, the 2016 Fiat 500c yields an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
- The Arbarth model equipped with the five-speed manual transmission is good for an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
- The Arbarth model equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission produces an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Fiat 500c comes standard with a 10.5 gallon gas tank.
2016 Fiat 500c Interior
The front seats of the Fiat 500c are more spacious than many people expect, but the rear seats are just as snug as they appear. The 2016 model comes standard with the Uconnect infotainment system and its five-inch display screen, which has been praised as being more practical than last year’s system. The 500c boasts 5.4 cubic feet of storage space behind the rears seats, but that number grows to 23.4 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded down. The top-level Arbarth model is available with leather seats, automatic climate control, and a navigation system.
2016 Fiat 500c Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Pop
- Cloth seat trim, Bucket seats, Driver and passenger seat memory, Rear 50/50 split fold-down seat, Keyfob with Remote Keyless Entry, Manual front air conditioning, Power windows with front one-touch-down feature, Power door locks, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Tilt steering column, Urethane shift knob, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio, 6 speakers, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, BLUE&ME Handsfree Communication, USB ports, Auxiliary port, Bluetooth hands-free
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Easy
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: Premium cloth seat trim
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Lounge
- Adds to or replaces features on Easy: Automatic front air conditioning, Driver and front passenger heated-cushion/heated seatback/heated front seats, Leather seat trim, SiriuxXM/FM/Satellite Radio, Premium 7-inch color cluster display
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500c Abarth
- Adds to or replaces features on Lounge: Cloth seat trim, Manual front air conditioning, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
2016 Fiat 500c Safety
Just like every other new car, the 2016 Fiat 500c comes standard with electronic stability control, front airbags, and antilock brakes. The 2016 Fiat 500 hardtop version earned four out of a possible five stars in safety tests performed by the federal government, which included a five star rating for total side impact protection and four stars in total front impact protection.
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Driver-inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Front passenger seat belt alert
- Front seat reactive head restraints
- Hill Start Assist
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor System
- Rear Park Assist
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Speed Control
- Tire pressure monitoring sensor
- Stability control