2016 Fiat 500L Overview
The 2016 Fiat 500L is a four-door hatchback featuring a starting MSRP of $19,495. The Fiat 500L offers two extra doors and two additional feet of overall length than the regular 500 compact hatchback. The 2016 Fiat 500L competes in the same segment as the Kia Soul, MINI Countryman, and Honda Fit.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Fiat 500L?
The 2016 Fiat 500L is a carryover model with very few changes from its previous model year. The 2016 Fiat 500L is offered in five trim levels: Pop, Easy, Trekking, Urbana, and Lounge.
2016 Fiat 500L Photos:
2016 Fiat 500L Exterior
The 2016 Fiat 500L is one of the most uniquely designed vehicles available on the market. Coming standard with 16-inch steel wheels, chrome door handles, and daytime running headlamps, the 500L is sure to attract everyone’s attention when they see it in the city. If you opt for the Urbana model, then your 500L will come loaded with 17-inch matte black wheels, matte black body-side molding, and satin door handles. Exterior color options include Rosso, Grigio Scuro, Grigio Chiaro, Bianco, and Nero.
2016 Fiat 500L Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Pop
- 16-inch steel wheels, 205 / 55R16 BSW all-season tires, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, High-beam daytime running headlamps, Chrome exhaust tip, Chrome door handles, Capless fuel fill, Exterior spotter mirrors, Power mirrors, Rear window defroster, Rear window wiper and washer, Body-color roof and body-side molding
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Easy
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: 16-inch aluminum wheels, Body-color exterior mirrors
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Trekking
- Adds to or replaces features on Easy: 17-inch aluminum wheels, 225 / 45R17 BSW all-season tires, Fog lamps, Sill molding, Body-side molding with insert
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Urbana
- Adds to or replaces features on Trekking: 17-inch matte black wheels, Matt black body-side molding, Matt black exterior mirrors, Nero roof, Satin door handles
Exterior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Lounge
- Adds to or replaces features on Urbana: 16-inch aluminum wheels, 205 / 55R16 BSW all-season tires, Chrome exterior mirrors, Chrome body-side molding
2016 Fiat 500L Performance
Every trim level of the 2016 Fiat 500L comes with a 1.4-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine good for 160 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque. Consumers have the choice between a six-speed manual, six-speed automatic, and dual-clutch transmission.
2016 Fiat 500L Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2016 Fiat 500L varies according to which transmission is used in the vehicle.
- The dual-clutch transmission yields an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
- The six-speed manual offers an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
- The six-speed automatic provides an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
The 2016 Fiat 500L comes standard with a 13.2 gallon fuel tank.
2016 Fiat 500L Interior
The 2016 Fiat 500L adds more space for larger rear passengers and also offers a better outward view than the regular 500 hatchback. The 2016 500L comes standard with a 5-inch Uconnect touchscreen interface, USB port, CD player, air conditioning, heated mirrors, and a six-speaker sound system. The top level Lounge model adds a rearview camera, leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, rear parking sensors, and a 115-volt auxiliary power outlet. The new Fiat 500L provides 68 cubic feet of available cargo capacity.
2016 Fiat 500L Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Pop
- Cloth low-back bucket seats, Driver and passenger seat height adjuster, Rear 60/40 folding, Front and rear one-touch power windows, 12-volt power outlet, Air conditioning, Electric power steering, Interior observation mirror, Multi-position shelf panel, Power door locks, Rearview day/night mirror, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Sun visors with vanity mirror, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Tinted glass windows, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio system, 6 speakers, USB and auxiliary port, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, Remote Keyless and illuminated entry
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Easy
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: Premium cloth low-back bucket seats, Chrome and leather-wrapped shift knob, Deep tint sunscreen glass, Front seat center console armrest, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Silver texture instrument panel bezels, 6 premium speakers
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Trekking
- Adds to or replaces features on Easy: Stone instrument panel bezels
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Urbana
- Adds to or replaces features on Trekking: Gloss black instrument panel bezels, Beats™ premium audio system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1-year subscription
Interior available on the 2016 Fiat 500L Lounge
- Adds to or replaces features on Urbana: Driver and passenger power 4-way lumbar adjust, Leather-trimmed heated front bucket seats, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, Dual-zone climate control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Premium wrapped instrument panel bezels, Rear armrest with cup holder, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, 6 premium speakers
2016 Fiat 500L Safety
Standard safety features for the 2016 Fiat 500L include traction and stability control, antilock brakes, and hill-hold assist. The new 500L is also available with a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, and remote vehicle access.
Standard Safety Features
- Four-wheel ABS
- Front and rear head airbags
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Child seat anchors
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Emergency braking assist
- Traction control
- Stability control
- Post-collision safety system
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Ventilated front disc brakes