2016 Ford F-150 Overview
The Ford F-150 has been the best selling truck in America for the last 38 years and with a starting MSRP of just $26,315, plus a slew of other advanced options, there’s no reason why the 2016 Ford F-150 can’t stretch that streak to 39 consecutive years.
The 2016 Ford F-150 is available in six trim levels: XL, XLT, LARIAT, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. Every trim is available with standard 4×2 wheel drive and optional 4×4 wheel drive.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Ford F-150?
For the 2016 model year, the Ford F-150 will come available with a variety of new features, such as its new Pro Trailer Backup Assist technology that uses advanced camera equipment to make it easier to launch a boat or park your truck. The 2016 F-150 also comes available with Ford’s newest entertainment system, SYNC® 3, which features a new touchscreen, quicker responsiveness, enhanced voice recognition, and what Ford calls an “easier-to-understand graphical interface.” Additionally, the 2016 Ford F-150 will offer special appearance packages for the XLT and LARIAT that add 20-inch wheels and special edition seats, among other items.
2016 Ford F-150 Photos:
2016 Ford F-150 Exterior
Just like last year, the exterior of the 2016 Ford F-150 will feature an aluminum body, which is made with military grade aluminum alloy. In an effort to further improve fuel economy, Ford has made the new F-150 even sleeker than previous models, making it difficult to find a right angle anywhere on the vehicle. The 2016 Ford F-150 will also come standard with halogen headlamps, 17-inch silver steel wheels, and a black three-bar style grille with black nostrils.
2016 Ford F-150 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 XL
- Intermittent windshield wipers; Jack; Front and rear black bumper; Black front fascia; Black three-bar Style grille with black nostrils; Black grille surround; Black door handles; Removable tailgate with key lock; Dual glass, manual adjust side mirrors; Stone cuffs; Daytime running lamps; Halogen headlamps; Automatic on/off headlamps; Cargo lamp; Front tow hooks; First-row, manual windows; Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler; Spare tire carrier; 23-gallon fuel tank; 17-inch silver steel wheels; 245/70 R17 BSW all-season tires (4×2 only); 265/70 R17 OWL all-terrain tires (4×4 only)
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 XLT
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 XL: Front and rear chrome bumper, Body color front fascia, Chrome three-bar style gille with chrome nostrils, Chrome grille surround, Tailgate with power lock, Power-adjust side mirrors, Fog lamps, Power windows, BoxLink™, 17-inch silver-painted aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 LARIAT
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 XLT: Class IV trailer hitch, Dynamic hitch assist, Chrome or accent color three-bar style grille, Body-color door handles, Heated exterior mirrors, Integrated turn signals, LED security approach lamps, LED box lighting, Tailgate LED, 18-inch machined-aluminum wheels with silver-painted pockets, 265/60 R18 BSW all-season tires (4×2 only)
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 LARIAT: Reverse sensing system, Accent color rear bumper, Accent color endcaps, Remote tailgate release, Angular step bars, LED mirror-mounted spotlight, Quad beam LED headlamps, LED taillamps, Two-tone paint treatment, 18-inch machined-aluminum wheels with silver-painted pockets and Caribou King Ranch® logo ornaments
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 King Ranch: Body-color rear bumper, Satin-finish three-bar style grille with chrome accent, Body-color handles with chrome accent, Power-deployable running boards, 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, 275/55 R20 BSW all-season tires (4×2 only), 275/55 R20 BSW all-terrain tires (4×4 only)
Exterior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 Limited
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 Platinum: Body-color rear bumper, Satin-finish bar style grille, Satin chrome door handles with body-color accent, Power-deployable running boards, 22-inch polished aluminum wheels, P275/45R22 A/S BSW all season tires
2016 Ford F-150 Performance
The 2016 Ford F-150 comes with the choice of four different quality engines. There’s a 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 that’s good for 325 horsepower and 375 lb-ft of torque. There’s also a 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 that’s capable of 365 horsepower and 420 lb-ft or torque. The third engine option is a 3.5-liter Ti-VCT V6 that pumps out 282 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque. Lastly, there’s also a 5.0-liter-Ti-VCT V8 that produces 385 horsepower and 387 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Ford F-150 is available with either a standard six-speed automatic transmission or a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission.
2016 Ford F-150 Efficiency
Specific fuel economy for the 2016 Ford F-150 varies depending on which engine is chosen and whether the truck is 4WD or 2WD. The 2016 Ford F-150 receives its best fuel economy of 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway when equipped with the 2.7 EcoBoost V6 engine in the 2WD format. The new Ford F-150 features a standard fuel capacity of 23 gallons, but an extended capacity of 36 gallons is offered for some models.
2016 Ford F-150 Interior
Besides offering the new SYNC® 3 and Pro Trailer Backup Assist technologies, the 2016 Ford F-150 will also come standard with a 2.3-inch productivity screen, AM/FM stereo, and a 60/40 flip-up split bench (SuperCab). Other available features include a Reverse Sensing System, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and Dynamic Hitch Assist.
2016 Ford F-150 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 XL
- Manual air conditioning, Outside temperature display, Dome light, Fade-to-off interior lighting, Manual door locks, Front 12-volt powerpoint, Rear 12-volt powerpoint (SuperCab and SuperCrew cab only), Black urethane steering wheel, Manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel, Day/Night rearview mirror , Visors with passenger-side mirror, black vinyl floor covering, Cloth front seats
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 XLT
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 XL: Delayed accessory power, Power door locks, Cruise control, Visors with driver- and passenger-side covered mirrors, Color-coordinated carpet with carpeted floor mats
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 LARIAT
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 XLT: Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control; Ambient lighting; Black leather-wrapped steering wheel; Power-adjustable pedals with memory; Auto-dimming rearview mirror; Overhead console (SuperCab and SuperCrew); Visors with driver- and passenger-side illuminated, covered mirrors; Flow-through center console with column shift; Woodgrain-style interior trim accents; heated and cooled front seats; Leather front seats
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 LARIAT: Fully flat lead floor, 110-volt/400-watt front and rear power inverter (SuperCab and SuperCrew), Mesa leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, Heated steering wheel, Color-coordinated carpet with carpeted King Ranch floor mats, Flow-through center console with floor shift, Unique genuine wood interior trim accents, King Ranch leather front seats
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum
- Adds to or replaces features on F-150 King Ranch: Black leather-wrapped steering wheel, Black carpet flooring with unique floor mats, Unique multi-contour leather seats
Interior available on the 2016 Ford F-150 Limited
- Contains the same interior features as the F-150 Platinum
2016 Ford F-150 Safety
The 2016 Ford F-150 has yet to undergo crash testing for either the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. However, the very similar 2015 Ford F-150 (crew cab) with an aluminum body was named a Top Safety Pick by the IIHS. The 2016 Ford F-150 also offers advanced safety features such as BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Curve Control, and Inflatable Second-Row Safety Belts.
Standard Safety Features
- Trailer Sway Control
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Front airbags
- Side airbags
- Active Restraint System
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
- Curve control
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system