2016 GMC Yukon Overview
The 2016 GMC Yukon is a three-row SUV that does all the things a minivan can do without actually having to…you know…be a minivan. And, indeed, the 2016 Yukon is far from a minivan with more style than it knows what to do with and technology out the wazoo, all without skimping on the performance consumers demand from a full-size SUV.
The 2016 GMC Yukon is available in three trims: SLE, SLT, and Denali.
[wptab name= “What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 GMC Yukon?
The 2016 Yukon adds an Enhanced Driver Alert Package with Lane Keep assist as well as IntelliBeam headlamps with auto high-beam control. Hands-free liftgate is now standard on SLT and Denali models.
2016 GMC Yukon Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2016 GMC Yukon Exterior
The Yukon carries over the exciting new look of the 2015 model year, which includes a smooth exterior accentuated by strong lines and a bold, aggressive face. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on the SLE and SLT, and 20-inch wheels cone standard on the Denali.
Exterior available on SLE:
- Assist step, Manual rear liftgate, Headlamps, Daytime Running Lamps, Fog lamps, Outside heated power-adjustable manual-folding mirrors, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Hidden rear wiper, Front wiper with Rainsense, Luggage rack siderails, 18-inch bright machined aluminum wheels
Exterior available on SLT:
- Hands free Power Liftgate, IntelliBeam headlamps, Outside heated power-adjustable and -folding mirrors
Exterior available on Denali:
- Assist step, Hands free Power Liftgate, Fog lamps, High-Intensity Discharge project-beam headlamps, IntelliBeam headlamps, Outside heated power-adjustable and –folding mirrors, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Front wiper with Rainsense, Luggage rack siderails, 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels
2016 GMC Yukon Exterior Photos:
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2016 GMC Yukon Performance
The 2016 Yukon is powered by the EcoTec V8, which provides 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission. The Yukon Denali is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 that generates a segment-best 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque and is mated to the Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic.
2016 GMC Yukon Denali Photos:
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2016 GMC Yukon Efficiency
The 2016 GMC Yukon 2WD returns 16 mpg city/23 mpg highway/18 mpg combined using regular petrol and 11 mpg city/17 mpg highway/13 mpg combined using E85 ethanol, and the 4WD model returns 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway/18 mpg combined with regular gasoline and 11 mpg city/16 mpg highway/13 mpg combined with E85. The Yukon Denali 2WD returns 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway/17 mpg combined, and the 4WD model returns 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway/17 mpg combined.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2016 GMC Yukon Interior
The 2016 Yukon is spacious and luxurious with seating for up to nine and premium leather seating. Inlaid doors and acoustic-laminated windshield make for an incredibly quiet ride, which will help the quality of music being cranked out by the standard Bose® surround sound system.
Interior available on SLE:
- Tri-zone automatic climate control, Floor mats, Electric rear-window defogger, Front bucket seats with premium cloth, Second row bench seats, Cargo net
Interior available on SLT:
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power-adjustable pedals, Wireless Charging for mobile devices, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front bucket seat, Third row bench power-folding seats, Second row split-folding 60/40 bench power release seats, Heated front and second row seats
Interior available on Yukon:
- Cargo net, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power-adjustable pedals, Wireless Charging for mobile devices, Active Noise Cancellation, Leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, Power outlet, Power folding third row bench seat, Front bucket seat, Second row power release and heated bucket seat
2016 GMC Interior Photos:
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2016 GMC Yukon Safety
The 2016 Yukon XL is offered with an Enhanced Driver Alert Package that adds Lane Keep Assist and automatic high beams. All models come standard with a rear vision camera, and the Front Center Air Bag is standard for all front bucket seat models.
Standard Safety Features:
- Intellibeam Headlamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Dual-stage frontal air bags
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags
- Head curtain side impact air bags
- Reinforced steel safety cage
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control
- Forward Collision Alert
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.