2016 GMC Yukon Overview
The 2016 GMC Yukon is a three-row SUV that does all the things a minivan can do without actually having to…you know…be a minivan. And, indeed, the 2016 Yukon is far from a minivan with more style than it knows what to do with and technology out the wazoo, all without skimping on the performance consumers demand from a full-size SUV.
The 2016 GMC Yukon is available in three trims: SLE, SLT, and Denali.
[wptab name= “What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 GMC Yukon?
The 2016 Yukon adds an Enhanced Driver Alert Package with Lane Keep assist as well as IntelliBeam headlamps with auto high-beam control. Hands-free liftgate is now standard on SLT and Denali models.
2016 GMC Yukon Photos:
[wptab name= “Exterior”]
2016 GMC Yukon Exterior
The Yukon carries over the exciting new look of the 2015 model year, which includes a smooth exterior accentuated by strong lines and a bold, aggressive face. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on the SLE and SLT, and 20-inch wheels cone standard on the Denali.
Exterior available on SLE:
- Assist step, Manual rear liftgate, Headlamps, Daytime Running Lamps, Fog lamps, Outside heated power-adjustable manual-folding mirrors, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Hidden rear wiper, Front wiper with Rainsense, Luggage rack siderails, 18-inch bright machined aluminum wheels
Exterior available on SLT:
- Hands free Power Liftgate, IntelliBeam headlamps, Outside heated power-adjustable and -folding mirrors
Exterior available on Denali:
- Assist step, Hands free Power Liftgate, Fog lamps, High-Intensity Discharge project-beam headlamps, IntelliBeam headlamps, Outside heated power-adjustable and –folding mirrors, Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass, Front wiper with Rainsense, Luggage rack siderails, 20-inch ultra bright machined aluminum wheels
2016 GMC Yukon Exterior Photos:
[wptab name= “Performance”]
2016 GMC Yukon Performance
The 2016 Yukon is powered by the EcoTec V8, which provides 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission. The Yukon Denali is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 that generates a segment-best 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque and is mated to the Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic.
2016 GMC Yukon Denali Photos:
[wptab name= “Efficiency”]
2016 GMC Yukon Efficiency
The 2016 GMC Yukon 2WD returns 16 mpg city/23 mpg highway/18 mpg combined using regular petrol and 11 mpg city/17 mpg highway/13 mpg combined using E85 ethanol, and the 4WD model returns 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway/18 mpg combined with regular gasoline and 11 mpg city/16 mpg highway/13 mpg combined with E85. The Yukon Denali 2WD returns 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway/17 mpg combined, and the 4WD model returns 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway/17 mpg combined.
[wptab name= “Interior”]
2016 GMC Yukon Interior
The 2016 Yukon is spacious and luxurious with seating for up to nine and premium leather seating. Inlaid doors and acoustic-laminated windshield make for an incredibly quiet ride, which will help the quality of music being cranked out by the standard Bose® surround sound system.
Interior available on SLE:
- Tri-zone automatic climate control, Floor mats, Electric rear-window defogger, Front bucket seats with premium cloth, Second row bench seats, Cargo net
Interior available on SLT:
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power-adjustable pedals, Wireless Charging for mobile devices, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front bucket seat, Third row bench power-folding seats, Second row split-folding 60/40 bench power release seats, Heated front and second row seats
Interior available on Yukon:
- Cargo net, Tri-zone automatic climate control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power-adjustable pedals, Wireless Charging for mobile devices, Active Noise Cancellation, Leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, Power outlet, Power folding third row bench seat, Front bucket seat, Second row power release and heated bucket seat
2016 GMC Interior Photos:
[wptab name= “Safety”]
2016 GMC Yukon Safety
The 2016 Yukon XL is offered with an Enhanced Driver Alert Package that adds Lane Keep Assist and automatic high beams. All models come standard with a rear vision camera, and the Front Center Air Bag is standard for all front bucket seat models.
Standard Safety Features:
- Intellibeam Headlamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Dual-stage frontal air bags
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags
- Head curtain side impact air bags
- Reinforced steel safety cage
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control
- Forward Collision Alert