2016 Hyundai Azera Overview
The 2016 Hyundai Azera is a full-size sedan with style and function. Plenty of features are available on both trims, including navigation and smartphone apps such as Siri Eyes Free. The Azera offers sophistication, safety, and spacious comfort, as well as Hyundai’s unbeatable warranty.
Hyundai Scores: Promotional deal with NFL yields entertaining new commercials
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Hyundai Azera?
The 2016 Hyundai Azera remains mostly unchanged from the past year. On the Limited variant, there has been the addition of adaptive cruise control with stop-start technology. In addition, the Limited has an electronic parking brake with an automatic vehicle hold function.
The 2016 Hyundai Azera comes in two trim levels: the base model and the Limited.
2016 Hyundai Azera Exterior
The front-wheel drive Hyundai Azera has an expressive sense of style with its practicality. Sharp lines and creases define the exterior while features such as chrome-tipped dual exhaust and a shark fin antenna add to the visual appeal. Many safety features such as the dual foldaway, heated, power side mirrors integrate into the smooth appearance. The sedan may not stand out as the unique-looking model in Hyundai’s lineup, but it has a calm, unpretentious demeanor which blends in on the road.
Hyundai Azera Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Azera
- Base Trim: Dual fold-away heated, Bodycolor power side mirrors, Side mirrors with turn-signal, indicators, Power-folding side mirrors, Center High-Mount Stop Light (CHMSL), Chrome insert bodyside moldings, Chrome insert door handles, Chrome window-belt molding, Chrome-tipped dual exhaust, Solar control glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers/washer, Shark-fin antenna, Projector headlights, Automatic headlights, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), LED tail lights, Front fog lights, Proximity Key entry, Hands-free smart trunk
- Limited Trim: HID Xenon headlights, LED front fog lights
2016 Hyundai Azera Performance
Both the base model and the Limited trim come with a 3.3-liter V6 engine. They also each have six-speed automatic transmission with the acclaimed SHIFTRONIC® technology and Active ECO System. Power is not a problem with 293 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Hyundai Azera Efficiency
The 3.3-liter engine of the base Azera gets 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway for a combined mpg of 23. The Limited gets 19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, yielding a combined rate of 22 mpg.
2016 Hyundai Azera Interior
Inside, the latest Azera is tranquil, with a smooth and soothing design that will keep you relaxed on the road. The contouring seats and spacious legroom will keep you from feeling crowded behind the wheel.
The interior of the Hyundai Azera contains dual illuminated vanity mirrors, illuminated door sill plates, and a Carbon fiber-appearance trim. Power locks and power windows with pinch protection are standard on both trims. The seats have enhanced options of ventilated front seats, as well as and an Integrated Memory System (IMS) with memory settings for the seat, side mirrors and steering column.
2016 Hyundai Azera Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Azera
- Base Trim:
- Interior: Proximity Key entry with push button start, Dual front automatic temperature control, Floor console-mounted rear vents, Power windows with front window auto-down/up with pinch protection, Power door locks, 12-way power-adjustable driver seat including driver seat cushion extension, 8-way power passenger seat, Integrated Memory System (IMS) for power driver seat/exterior mirrors/steering column, Leather seating surfaces, Heated front seats, Heated rear seats, Ventilated front seats, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors, Illuminated door sill plates, Carbon fiber-appearance trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Radio & Technology: Steering-wheel-mounted audio, Bluetooth®and cruise controls; Bluetooth® hands-free phone system; Blue Link® Telematics System; Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® and compass; Infinity® Logic 7®AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3 audio system with 14 speakers, external amplifier (550 watt) and subwoofer; HD Radio™ technology with multicasting; Navigation system with 8-inch touchscreen display; Complimentary SiriusXM Travel Link®activation and 3-month trial subscription; Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks; Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster with color LCD trip computer
- Limited Trim:
- Interior: Panoramic tilt-and-slide sunroof, Smart Cruise Control with stop/start capability, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold, Power rear sunshade, Manual rear side window sunshades, Interior ambient lighting
- Radio and Technology: Panoramic tilt-and-slide sunroof, Smart Cruise Control with stop/start capability, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Vehicle Hold, Power rear sunshade, Manual rear side window sunshades, Interior ambient lighting
2016 Hyundai Azera Safety
The Hyundai Azera has received stellar safety scores in the past and that trend continues in 2016. It’s earned “Good” scores in all categories from the IIHS, due in part to its many safety features. The model comes standard with anti-lock disc brakes, stability and traction control, front-and rear-seat airbags, curtain airbags, a driver-side knee airbag and active front head restraints. Both trims have rearview cameras and a blind-spot monitoring system.
2016 Hyundai Azera Standard Safety Features
- Rearview camera
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Rear Cross-traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Advanced driver and front passenger airbags (SRS) with Occupant Classification System (OCS)
- Front and rear side-impact airbags (SRS)
- Driver’s knee airbag (SRS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters
- Rear LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Power window lock-out button
- Front and rear crumple zone
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Remote keyless entry with alarm
For Your Family: What’s the award-winning, best Hyundai model for families?
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.