2016 Hyundai Genesis Overview
As Genesis becomes its own luxury sub-brand over the coming year, the last Hyundai-badged Genesis sedan is released for the 2016 model year. This vehicle has its own upper-class refinement that sets it apart from the rest of the 2016 Hyundai lineup. Get your hands on the 2016 Genesis before it gets redesigned as part of the Genesis brand lineup.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Hyundai Genesis?
The 2016 Hyundai Genesis gets a few technology updates. New features include integration with Google Glass, Google Destination Search, remote start, and a freshly-added notification system. There’s also five-link front and rear independent front suspension. The luxury sedan boasts a new roofline and grille, too.
The 2016 Hyundai Genesis is offered in two trim levels: 3.8 and 5.0 ULTIMATE.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Exterior
For 2016, the Hyundai Genesis sports a fresh, more aggressive roofline and fascia. The grille is larger and wider than before and takes cues from other luxury models. It sports a Genesis badge rather than a standard Hyundai badge.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Genesis
- 3.8 Trim: 18-inch premium alloy wheels with P245/45R18 tires, Dual power-folding heated side mirrors with approach lamps and turn-signal indicators, Acoustic laminated windshield and side windows with front door water-repellant glass, Automatic rain-sensing wipers, Auto-defogging windshield with humidity sensor, Hands-free smart trunk, Dual asymmetrical exhaust tips integrated with rear bumper, Chrome insert door handles, Automatic High Intensity Discharge (HID) auto-leveling headlights, LED Daytime Running Lights, LED tail lights, Proximity Key entry
- 5.0 ULTIMATE Trim: 19-inch premium alloy wheels with P245/40R19 front and P275/35R19 rear tires, Auto-dimming side mirrors, Power trunk lid, Quad exhaust tips, High Beam Assist, Front LED fog lights
2016 Hyundai Genesis Performance
There are two engines available on the 2016 Hyundai Genesis. The base Hyundai Genesis sports the same engine as last year’s model, a 3.8-liter V6 that hits 311 hp and 293 lb-ft of torque. The larger 5.0-liter V8 engine pounces on the competition with 420 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Efficiency
The Hyundai Genesis when equipped with the V6 and rear wheel drive earns an EPA-estimated 18 city/29 hwy mpg. With all-wheel drive, the V6 earns an EPA-estimated 16 city/25 hwy mpg. The base V6 runs on regular gasoline while the V8 takes premium.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Interior
The 2016 Hyundai Genesis is a work of art with high-quality materials that easily compare to other luxury makes. Inside are many straight lines and sharp edges, quite the opposite of the vertical shapes and curves from last year’s model. Overall, the interior of the luxury car looks slimmer yet more substantial than its predecessor.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2016 Hyundai Genesis
- 3.8 Trim: Power windows with front and rear auto-down/up with pinch protection; Power door locks; Dual automatic temperature control; 12-way power driver seat with power lumbar support; Leather seating surfaces; Heated front seats; Front seatback pockets; Center armrest with dual cupholders and control console; Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; Steering-wheel-mounted cruise, Bluetooth®, and audio controls; Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters; Glossy wood hydrographic interior trim; Metalgrain interior accents; Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink®, Navigation system with 8-inch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3/HD Radio™audio system with 7 speakers, Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks, SiriusXM Travel Link®, Hyundai Blue Link®, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, Intelligent Drive Mode
- 5.0 ULTIMATE Trim: Navigation system with 8-inch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3/HD Radio™audio system with 7 speakers, Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks, SiriusXM Travel Link®, Hyundai Blue Link®, Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, Intelligent Drive Mode, Lexicon® 17-speaker Discrete Logic 7® surround sound audio, Navigation system with HD 9.2-inch LCD screen and DIS Multimedia Controller
2016 Hyundai Genesis Safety
When it comes to safety, the 2016 Hyundai Genesis is the top of the line. It received a five-star overall rating in government crash tests and earned “Good” ratings in every category, something many cars fail to do. The Hyundai Genesis features a suite of active safety features like Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane Change Assistant, and many more. To keep you aware of any alerts, the Genesis also includes a heads-up color display.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Standard Safety Features
- Power 4-wheel disc brakes, front ventilated
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Rearview camera
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Nine airbags: Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, roof-mounted side-curtain airbags and driver’s knee airbag
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure indicator
- Energy-absorbing Front Seats
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Energy-absorbing steering column