2016 Kia Cadenza Overview
Over the past few years, Kia has built a reputation for offering affordable premium-level vehicles—and the 2016 Kia Cadenza is no exception. This large sedan offers the perfect mixture of practicality and luxury, with a new, more affordable base level and a laundry list of standard features that are sure to knock your socks off.
Curious About Kia? Learn more about the Korean carmaker
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Cadenza
The 2016 Kia Cadenza offers a more affordable base trim level with just as many gizmos and gadgets as the last base level. Also, the midlevel Premium trim has more features, and there are new standard features in some of the optional packages.
The 2016 Kia Cadenza is offered in three trims: Cadenza (base), Premium, and Limited.
2016 Kia Cadenza Photos:
2016 Kia Cadenza Exterior
Typically, the models in the large sedan segment could be called “frumpy,” but the 2016 Kia Cadenza is anything but. This sedan’s sleek styling, sharp body lines, and well-known tiger-nose grille gives the Cadenza a look of elegance that could go head-to-head with the most premium vehicles. Add its standard 18-inch alloy wheels and LED lights, and the 2016 Cadenza is a strong competitor in its class.
2016 Kia Cadenza Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Cadenza (base):
- Body-color heated power outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Solar control glass, Sound-absorbing front windshield glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Heated rear glass with timer, Auto light control, Projection headlights with auto leveling, LED positioning lights, Halogen front fog lights, LED rear combination lamps, Integrated dual exhaust with chrome surround, Locking fuel-filler door, 18-inch alloy wheels
Exterior available on the Premium:
- Power-folding outside mirrors, Perimeter approach lighting, Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers
Exterior available on the Limited:
- Hydrophobic glass, Windshield wiper de-icer, High-Intensity Dischard (HID) headlights with Dynamic Bending Light (DLB), LED front fog lights, 19-inch alloy wheels with chrome finish
2016 Kia Cadenza Performance
Every 2016 Cadenza is powered by a 3.3-liter V6 engine, which produces a healthy 293 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic with manual shift controls, and is only available with front-wheel drive. With this powertrain, the 2016 Cadenza can easily accelerate from 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds.
2016 Kia Cadenza Efficiency
The EPA-estimated fuel efficiency for the 2016 Kia Cadenza is 19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. This gives the Cadenza a 22 mpg combined rating.
2016 Kia Cadenza Interior
Simple elegance is the key within the 2016 Cadenza’s cabin. Smooth lines, high-quality materials, and plenty of space make this sedan both comfortable and luxurious. The sedan’s standard UVO infotainment system is easy to use, has sharp graphics, and will easily keep drivers connected out on the road. Inside the cabin, it is blessedly quiet, while the available panoramic sunroof brings in plenty of light throughout the day, making any drive in the Cadenza truly enjoyable.
2016 Kia Cadenza Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Cadenza (base):
- Manual tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Trip computer, Power window with driver & front passenger one-touch auto-up/down and anti-pinch, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Auto defrost system, Center console with armrest, Dual front cup holders, Front door bottle holders, Rear seat center armrest with ski pass-through door, Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with HomeLink®, Interior lighting with delay, Dual map lights, Overhead sunglasses holder, Dual illuminated vanity mirrors, Two front 12-volt power outlets, Leather seat trim, 10-way adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support, 8-way power front passenger seat, Heated front seats, Height-adjustable front seat belt anchors, Soft-type front seat back pockets, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Tricot headliner and pillar trim, Stainless steel illuminated door scuff plate trim, Carpeted floor & trunk mats
- Infinity® Discrete Logic7® surround sound system with 12 speakers and HD Radio™, UVO eServices infotainment system, Voice-command navigation with 8-inch display/UVO eServices/SiriusXM® Traffic, USB/auxiliary input jack, Rear-camera display, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity, Steering-wheel-mounted buttons (audio/hands-free phone/cruise control), Push button start with smart key immobilizer
Interior available on the Premium:
- Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Leather-wrapped wood-style steering wheel & leather gearshift knob, Wood interior accents
- Rear Parking Assist System (RPAS)
Interior available on the Limited:
- Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Rear seat center armrest USB charging port and popout cup holders, Power-operated rear window sunshade, First-aid kid, Nappa leather seat trim, 12-way adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and extendable driver’s seat cushion, Ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, Integrated Memory System, Hard-shell type front seat back pockets, Heated steering wheel, Additional wood grain trim with chrome accents, Chrome interior accents, Premium headliner and pillar trim, Premium rear parcel shelf and visors
- Surround View Monitor (SVM), Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) System, Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Supervision meter cluster with 7-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) color LCD display, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto Hold
2016 Kia Cadenza Safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the 2016 Cadenza its highest score of “Good” for moderate front overlap, side impact, roof strength, and whiplash protection tests.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front and rear seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- 3-point seat belts for all seating positions
- Front seat-belt pretensioners
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear child-safety door locks
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Antilock Braking System (ASB)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.