2016 Kia Forte Overview
The Kia Forte is a force to be reckoned with in the compact car segment, and the 2016 model is no exception. With a stylish exterior, comfortable interior, and a variety of new standard features, the 2016 Kia Forte offers luxury without sacrificing price. Add its peppy powertrain options and terrific fuel efficiency, and you have one compact car that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Forte
For the 2016 model year, the Kia Forte has received a variety of new standard features, including keyless entry with remote trunk release. It also has new package options, such as the optional Popular Plus Package, which adds cruise control, 16-inch alloy wheels, and a Rear Camera Display.
The 2016 Kia Forte is offered in two trims: LX and EX.
2016 Kia Forte Photos:
2016 Kia Forte Exterior
If you’re looking for a practical car that will get you noticed, look no further than the 2016 Kia Forte. With sculpted lines, a new LED headlight design, and sassy silhouette, the Forte is sure to catch the eye of all you pass. The standard, sleek 15-inch wheels and body-color door handles add a touch of sophistication, making the 2016 Forte a top choice in the compact car segment.
2016 Kia Forte Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the LX:
- Body color exterior door handles, Dual heated and body color power mirrors, Solar control glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Heated rear glass with timer, Projector beam headlights, Locking fuel filter door, 15-inch steel wheels
Exterior available on the EX:
- Chrome finish exterior door handles, Mirror-mounted LED turn-signal indicators, Power-folding outside mirrors, Auto light control, Front fog lights, LED positioning lights, Chrome exhaust tip, 17-inch alloy wheels
2016 Kia Forte Performance
Depending on the trim level you choose, the 2016 Kia Forte performance options differ. The LX trim is powered by a 1.8-liter inline-4 engine, which churns out 145 horsepower and 130 lb-ft of torque. This engine option comes with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional six-speed automatic.
For a bit of extra pep in your step, get a 2.0-liter inline-4 powers the EX trim, bumping up the power to 166 horsepower and 154 lb-ft of torque. This engine is only available with a six-speed automatic. Regardless of the engine option you choose, though, the results are still the same—a fun-to-drive compact car that also gets great fuel efficiency.
2016 Kia Forte Efficiency
The 2016 Kia Forte has an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city and 37 mpg highway, coming out with a 30 mpg combined fuel economy rating for the 1.8-liter engine. For the 2.0-liter engine, fuel efficiency numbers are slightly lower thanks to its higher power, with an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. Combined, this is a 28 mpg fuel rating.
2016 Kia Forte Interior
It’s hard not to get comfortable in the 2016 Kia Forte’s interior. With a variety of high-end features and materials, the 2016 Forte offers luxury without making you pay the price. A clean, simple dashboard design uses modern lines to make a lasting impression, while available features like a heated steering wheel, heated seats, and Bluetooth® audio streaming will make sure you don’t want to leave your Forte’s cabin.
2016 Kia Forte Interior Photos:
Interior available on the LX:
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio, hands-free phone, and cruise control buttons; Tilt and telescoping steering column; Power windows with driver one-touch auto-down; Power door locks; Air conditioning; Front and rear door bottle holders; Day/night interior rearview mirror; Interior lighting with delay; Dual visor vanity mirrors; Woven cloth seat trim; 6-way adjustable driver’s seat; Height-adjustable front seatbelt anchors; 60/40 split-folding rear seat with center armrest and adjustable rear headrests
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® audio system with 4 speakers, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity, USB/auxiliary input jack, Active Eco system, Trip computer, Remote keyless entry with trunk opener
Interior available on the EX:
- Power Windows with Driver and Front Passenger One-Touch Auto-Up/Down, Front center console sliding armrest, Folding rear center armrest with cup holders, Front passenger seat back pocket, Cooling and illuminated glove box, Illuminated ignition key lock cylinder, Dual map lights, Overhead sunglasses holder, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Knit and woven cloth seat trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, Soft-Touch Dash and Front Upper Door Panels
- 4.3-inch touch screen audio display, Tweeter speakers, Rear camera display, FlexSteer™ Driver-Selectable Steering Assist, Supervision Meter Cluster with including 4.2-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Color LCD Display
2016 Kia Forte Safety
For Kia, safety is a top priority, and the 2016 Forte is no exception. With a long list of standard features and a variety of standard and available safety technologies, the 2016 Kia Forte will offer you a stylish way to have peace of mind while you’re out on the road.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- Front seatbelt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Rear child-safety door locks
- Impact-absorbing steering column
- Internal emergency trunk release