2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Overview
Kia has outdone itself with the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid. This hybrid vehicle makes it easy to go green with the sophisticated styling of the popular Optima sedan and its elegant interior, too. For the low starting price of $25,995, consumers can get everything they want from their everyday car and more.
Don’t Want to Go Green? Check out the gas-powered 2016 Kia Optima
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid
There have been some minor changes for the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid. The most notable of these changes is the removal of the Smokey Blue exterior color, the beige and white leather trim combinations with the Aluminum Silver exterior color, and the removal of white leather trim combination with the Aurora Black exterior color.
The 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid is available in two trim levels: Hybrid and EX.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Photos:
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Exterior
The 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid has brought European styling to the hybrid segment. This sedan offers a sleek silhouette, which is highlighted by its sculpted body lines. Kia’s signature tiger nose grille gives the front end a sophisticated look, while the Optima Hybrid’s integrated spoiler makes this hybrid look significantly sportier than the “Hybrid” badge would imply. With its standard chrome finishes and LED light combinations, there are few hybrids that offer the classiness of the 2016 Optima Hybrid.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Hybrid:
- Unique front grille, front & rear bumper valence, side sills; Chrome finish exterior door handles; Dual body-color heated power mirrors; Mirror-mounted led turn-signal indicators, Auto light control, Projector beam headlights, LED rear combination lamps, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Heated rear glass with timer, Locking fuel-filler door, 16-inch alloy wheels, Spare tire
Exterior available on the EX:
- Power-folding outside mirrors, Solar control glass, Sound absorbing front windshield and front door windows, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector beam headlights with auto-leveling, Front fog lights, LED positioning lights, 17-inch alloy wheels, Front door and lower center fascia mood lamp
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Performance
For the 2016 model year, the Optima Hybrid pairs a 2.4-liter engine that works with an electric motor to produce a combined 199 horsepower and 235 lb-ft of torque. The electric motor gets its power from a 47 kW lithium polymer battery, which helps send power to the hybrid sedan’s front wheels. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Efficiency
As you might guess from its “Hybrid” name, the Optima Hybrid has some pretty impressive fuel economy numbers. The base Hybrid trim has an EPA-estimated 36 mpg city and 40 mpg highway, for a 38 mpg combined rating. For the Optima EX, the fuel economy rating is slighting less with an estimated 35 city and 39 highway, which comes to a 37 combined rating.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Interior
Despite the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid’s low sticker price, the sedan’s interior has a premium feel that can’t be ignored. Standard features like dual-zone automatic temperature control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, and satin chrome accents make you feel like you’re in a car that is significantly more expensive. The Bluetooth® Wireless Technology, and available UVO eServices make it easy to stay connected and safe while you’re out on the town. Add the library-quiet cabin and two available convenience packages, and you have one hybrid that will make you feel even better about going green.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Hybrid:
- Virtual engine sound system, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Power windows, Power door locks, Push button start with Smart Key and Immobilizer, Dual-zone automatic temperature control w/ center console rear vents, Front center console with armrest and storage, Dual front cupholders, Front seat back pockets, Day/Night interior rearview mirror, Interior lighting with delay, Rear reading lights, Cooling glove boz, Glove box illumination, Illuminated ignition key lock cylinder, Dual map lights, Overhead sunglasses holder, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Carpeted floor mats, Cloth seat trim with anti-stain treatment, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support, Height adjustable front seat belt anchors, Fixed rear seatback with ski pass through, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, Satin chrome inside door handles
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® 6-speaker Audio System, Bluetooth® Wireless Technology hands-free connectivity, Cruise control with steering wheel controls, Steering wheel mounted audio and phone controls, USB/Auxiliary input jack, Supervision Meter Cluster with Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD Trip Computer, Active Eco System
Interior available on the EX:
- Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto Hold, Folding rear center armrest with cup holders, Dual front illuminated cup holders, Auto-dimming mirror, Stainless-steel illuminated door scuff plate trim, Leather seat trim, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, Four-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, Driver’s Seat Memory, Heated front seats, Ventilated front seats, Heated rear seats, Heated steering wheel, Leatherette-wrapped center fascia, Stainless steel gear shift bezel
- UVO eServices Infotainment System, Infinity® Premium Audio System with HD Radio™ Technology, 8 speakers, External amplifier & subwoofer, Navigation System with SiriusXM® + Services, Rear camera display
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Safety
While getting great fuel economy is an important aspect for the 2016 Optima Hybrid, so is safety. The sedan has a variety of standard safety features, including traction and stability control, along with multiple airbags. When equipped with the Technology Package, the Optima Hybrid even has some nifty advanced safety technology like Blind-Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and a Back-up Warning System.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts For All Seating Positions
- Internal Emergency Trunk Release
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- High Line Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Four-Wheel Disc Brakes w/ Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
Learn More About Kia: See how the company came to life
A born-and-raised Jersey girl, Caitlin Moran has somehow found herself settled in Edinburgh, Scotland. When she’s not spending her days trying to remember which side of the road to drive on, Caitlin enjoys getting down and nerdy with English. She continues to combine her love of writing with her love of cars for The News Wheel, while also learning more about the European car market—including the fact that the Seat brand is pronounced “se-at” not “seat” as you might think. See more articles by Caitlin.