2016 Kia Rio Overview
The popular Kia Rio is back in 2016 with some sharp redesigns and the same peppy speed we’ve come to expect from this sporty sedan. Check out what the 2016 Kia Rio has to offer.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Rio?
The 2016 Kia Rio has received a newly redesigned front end, including a new grille. It also quieter than ever before with new sound-deadening material, while the two-tone Designer Package is added to the EX trim level.
2016 Kia Rio Photos:
2016 Kia Rio Exterior
Kia puts a new spin on sporty with the 2016 Kia Rio sedan. With a new design, this compact car combines muscular body lines with a wide stance to hint at its athlete within. The 15-inch wheels come together with the available sunroof to make sure you know that the Rio puts the “fun” in “functional.”
2016 Rio Exterior Photos:
2016 Kia Rio LX
- Body-Color Exterior Door Handles, 15-inch wheels with Full Covers, Heated Rear Glass w/ Timer, Dual Body-Color Power Heated Mirrors, Solar Control Glass, Halogen Headlights, Front Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Black Mesh Radiator Grille, Heated Rear Glass w/ Timer, Locking Fuel-Filler Door,
2016 Kia Rio EX
- 15-inch Alloy Wheels, Black Mesh Radiator Grille w/ Chrome Surround, Front Fog Lights
2016 Kia Rio SX
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels, Power Sunroof w/ Tilt, Auto Light Control, Outside Mirrors w/ Turn-Signal Indicators, Power-Folding Outside Mirrors, LED Rear Combination Lamps, LED Positioning Lights
2016 Kia Rio Performance
Every Rio model comes fitted with a 1.6-liter inline-four engine, which generates 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque. Available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission, the compact car’s powertrain sends power to the front wheels. A Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) system makes sure that the Rio is both powerful and fuel efficiency.
2016 Kia Rio Efficiency
For Rio models with the manual transmission, the EPA-estimated fuel economy rating is 31 miles per gallon combined thanks to its 27 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. The automatic models come with an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 31 mpg combined, as well, though it has a lower highway rating of 37 mpg.
2016 Kia Rio Interior
When it comes to style, there are few compact sedans that have a better interior design than the 2016 Kia Rio. The compact car’s sculpted design adds a modern, sophisticated vibe to its cabin, while the list of available and standard amenities is endless. SiriusXM satellite radio is standard, along with a USB/Auxiliary input jack and steering-wheel-mounted audio buttons. Available features include push button start, Kia’s Active Eco System, Bluetooth® connectivity, and the carmaker’s UVO infotainment system.
2016 Rio Interior Photos:
2016 Kia Rio LX
- Interior Features: Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio Buttons, Air Conditioning, Tilt Steering Column, Trip Computer, Dual Front Cup Holders, Front & Rear Door Map Pockets w/ Bottle Holder, Glove Box with Illumination, Woven Cloth Seat Trim, 6-Way Adjustable Driver’s Seat, Height-Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors, Rear-Seat Adjustable Headrests, 60/40 Split-Folding Rear Seat
- Radio and Technology: AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® Satellite Audio System, 4 Speakers, USB/Auxiliary Input Jack
2016 Kia Rio EX
- Interior Features: Steering-Wheel-Mounted Cruise Control Buttons, Active Eco System, Power Windows w/ Driver’s One-Touch Auto-Up and Down, Power Door Locks w/ Keyless Remote, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, Center Console w/ Sliding Armrest and Storage, Dual LED Map Lights, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Premium Knit Cloth Seat Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel / Gearshift Knob, Soft-Touch Dash
- Radio and Technology: 6 Speakers with A-Pillar-Mounted Tweeters, BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology w/ Steering-Wheel-Mounted Control Buttons
2016 Kia Rio SX
- Interior Features: Rear-Camera Display, Push-Button Start w/ Smart Key, Steering-Wheel-Mounted Paddle Shifters, Supervision Meter Cluster, Leather Seat Trim, Heated Front Seats, Aluminum Pedals
- Radio and Technology: UVO eServices Infotainment System, Voice-Command Navigation with 7″ Color Touch-Screen Display, HD Radio™ Technology and SiriusXM Traffic
2016 Kia Rio Safety
The 2016 Rio comes standard with a variety of safety features, including dual front advanced airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, antilock braking, electronic stability control, and Hill Start Assist. A rearview camera is an available option on the EX trim and standard on the SX trim level.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/ Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.