2016 Kia Sedona Overview
The 2016 Kia Sedona puts a major twist on the minivan segment. With a variety of luxurious features and a long list of standard technologies, the 2016 Sedona will make you glad it’s your turn to carpool.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Sedona
For the 2016 model year, all Kia Sedona models will come standard with a rear back-up camera. The Kia Sedona is available in five trims: the L, LX, EX, SX, and Limited.
2016 Kia Sedona Exterior
The word “sexy” isn’t often associated with the minivan segment–unless you’re talking about the 2016 Kia Sedona. This popular minivan takes the stereotypical design of its segment, adding sleek lines and a sultry silhouette that is hard to forget. The chrome accents throughout the Sedona’s body—not to mention the standard 19-inch chrome wheels—adds a touch of sophistication, merely hinting at the comfort inside the minivan’s cabin.
2016 Kia Sedona Exterior Photos:
Sedona L Exterior Options:
- 17-inch alloy wheels, side mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators, body-color door handles, solar control glass, heated rear glass, front windshield wipers, rear wiper and washer, projector beam headlights, locking fuel-filler door, rear spoiler
Sedona LX Exterior Options:
- Power-folding mirrors, privacy glass, light strong LED positioning lights, roof rails
Sedona EX Exterior Options:
- Heated outside mirrors, solar control glass, power sliding doors, power height-adjustable liftgate, auto light control, fog lights, 18-inch silver alloy wheels
Sedona SX Exterior Options:
- Rear LED lights, 18-inch machine alloy wheels
Sedona Limited Exterior Options:
- 19-inch chrome wheels, Chrome door handles, optional power sunroof for first and second rows, optional high-intensity projector beam headlights, jewel-type LED lights, projector beam fog lights, chrome roof rails
2016 Kia Sedona Performance
A 3.3-liter V6 engine powers every model of the 2016 Sedona, boasting 276 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque. This powerful engine is mated with a six-speed Sportmatic® transmission, helping it easily go from zero to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds, one of the quicker times in the minivan segment. When the Sedona has the optional hitch installed, it can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
2016 Kia Sedona Efficiency
EPA-estimated fuel efficiency for the 2016 Sedona comes in around 20 mpg combined for the L, LX, and EX trims. The SX trim improves the fuel efficiency to 21 mpg combined, while the SX-L drops it to 19 mpg combined.
2016 Kia Sedona Interior
For the 2016 model year, the Sedona is offering more luxury and features than ever before. A more modern-looking interior creates a more comfortable cabin, while technology like high-power USB charging ports, AC outlets, and a dual glove box with a cooled lower storage area make this minivan one that will make you want to become a soccer mom. Add the available second-row “First Class” lounge seating, which has retractable leg rests and airplane-style head rests for even more luxury, making road tripping easy.
2016 Kia Sedona Interior Photos:
Sedona L Interior Options:
- Tricot fabric trim seats, sliding second-row seats, steering-wheel-mounted controls for audio, 50/50 split-folding third-row seats, hands-free phone and cruise control buttons, power windows, power door locks, tilt and telescopic steering column, remote keyless entry, 8 cup holders
- 4 speakers, AM/FM radio, CD/MP3 player, SiriusXM Satellite Radio**, Bluetooth® Wireless, 12-volt power outlets, back-up warning system, USB, auxiliary input jack
Sedona LX Interior Options:
- Optional second-row center armrest with cup holders, power lumbar support driver’s seat, optional second and third-row window sunshades,
- UVO eServices infotainment system, backup camera
Sedona EX Interior Options:
- Power windows, push-button start, auto-dimming mirror, utility flashlight, automatic climate control, cooling glove box, second and third-row window sunshades
- UVO infotainment system, USB 2.1 charger ports, optional Red Cross Traffic Alert, backup camera, optional Blind-Spot Detection System,3.5-inch Meter Cluster display
Sedona SX Interior Options:
- Driving modes, optional 3-passenger seond-row seating, Optional second-row center armrest, carpeted floor mats
- Infinity surround sound system, UVO eServices, Sirius Traffic, 110-volt power inverter, voice-activated navigation with 8-inch screen, Blind-Spot Detection System, 3.5-inch Supervision Meter Cluster, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Sedona Limited Interior Options:
- Premium leather trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel, first-class lounge seating, heated steering wheel, Forward Collision Warning System (optional), Advanced Smart Cruise Control (optional), Lane Departure Warning System (optional), wood-style trim front doors
- Optional 110-volt power inverter, surround view monitor, Parking Assist, 3-5-inch Meter Cluster
2016 Kia Sedona Safety
Standard safety features for the 2016 Sedona include stability and traction control, a brake assist system, Hill-start Assist Control, Electronic Force Distribution, and antilock brakes. It also has available safety technologies like Surround View Monitor, Forward Collision Warning, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
Standard Safety Features
- Airbags: front, front sides, and side curtain
- Electronic stability control
- 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Traction control
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Child safety door locks
- Brake Assist System
- Rollover Mitigation