2016 Kia Sportage Overview
The 2016 Kia Sportage is engineered to get your family around town in style. Peppy performance, great fuel efficiency, and plenty of style make the 2016 Sportage a top choice in its class. Interior features, such as extra, hidden storage under the rear cargo floor and the Active Eco System add to this crossover SUV’s appeal, making it a great choice for any consumer.
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2016 Kia Sportage
The 2016 Kia Sportage carries over with a few minor changes, including additional premium features.
It is offered in three trim levels: LX, EX, and SX.
2016 Kia Sportage Photos
2016 Kia Sportage Exterior
When it comes to standing out, the 2016 Kia Sportage excels. With a cutting-edge design, this compact crossover offers consumers a unique style that its competition can’t. The Sportage has a clean, modern silhouette with crisp body lines that make it more sophisticated than ever before.
2016 Kia Sportage Exterior Photos
Exterior available on the LX
- Arrow Mesh Type Radiator Grille, Black Beltline Molding, Body-color Exterior Door Handles, Body-Color Bumpers with Chrome Garnish, Body-Color Power Adjustable Outside Mirrors, Solar Control Glass, Sound-Absorbing Front Windshield Glass, Privacy Glass, Heated Rear Glass with Timer, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Projector Beam Headlights, LED Positioning Lights, Locking Fuel-Filler Door, 17-inch Alloy Wheels
Exterior available on the EX
- Chrome Beltline Molding, Chrome Exterior Door Handles, Rear Spoiler, Roof Rails, Auto Light Control, 18-inch Alloy Wheels
Exterior available on the SX
- Bar Type Radiator Grille, Heated Outside Mirrors, Power-Folding Outside Mirrors, with LED Turn-Signal Indicators, Panoramic Sunroof, Front Fog Lights, Jewel-Type LED Daytime Running Lights, LED Rear Combination Lamps, Chrome Dual-Outlet Exhaust Finish, 18-inch Alloy Wheels – SX Exclusive Design
2016 Kia Sportage Performance
Kia offers two engine choices for the 2016 Sportage: a 2.4-liter inline-4 cylinder, which comes standard on LX and EX models; and a sportier 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 cylinder, which is only available on the SX. The standard 2.4-liter engine generates 182 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque, while the 2.0-liter pumps up the power with 260 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
All three trim levels come available with all-wheel drive and have a standard six-speed transmission.
2016 Kia Sportage Efficiency
The 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine with all-wheel drive has an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined, while the front-wheel drive model has a slightly higher rating of 24 combined. The 2.0-liter has slightly lower fuel efficiency with the all-wheel-drive model coming in at 21 mpg combined and the front-wheel-drive model boasting an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.
2016 Kia Sportage Interior
No matter the trim level you choose, the 2016 Kia Sportage offers both comfort and innovative technologies in its cabin. On the LX trim level, Bluetooth® wireless technology, USB ports, auxiliary jacks, and steering-wheel-mounted audio controls are all standard, making it easy to stay within your budget and stay connected. The EX trim level now offers leather seats, providing consumers with that extra touch of luxury, while the touchscreen display shows off the rearview camera’s capabilities.
2016 Kia Sportage Interior Photos
Interior available on the LX
- Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone, and Cruise Control Buttons; Active Eco System; Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column; Power Windows with Driver One-Touch Auto-Down; Power Door Locks; Remote Keyless Entry; Air Conditioning; Rear Ventilation Duct; Center Console Armrest with Storage Tray & Illuminated Cup Holders; Front & Rear Door Bottle Holders; Day/Night Interior Rear-View Mirror; Interior Lighting with Delay; Illuminated Glove Box; Overhead Sunglasses Holder; Extendable Vanity Mirrors with Ticket Holders; Under-Rear-Cargo-Floor Storage Compartment; Cargo Light; Cloth Seat Trim; 6-Way Adjustable Driver’s Seat; Driver & Passenger Seat Back Pockets; 60/40 Split-Folding Rear Seat Back with 2-Step Recline; Height-Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors; Leatherette Door Armrest Covering
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM Audio System with 6 Speakers, BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity, USB/Auxiliary Input Jack
Interior available on the EX
- Trip Computer, Power Windows with Driver One-Touch Auto-Up/Down, Push-Button Start with Smart Key and Immobilizer, Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control with Ionized Air Filtration, Fold-Away Rear Center Armrest with Cup Holders, Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Leather Seat Trim, 6-Way Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat, Driver’s Seat Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel / Gearshift Knob
- 4.3-inch Touch Screen Audio Display, UVO eServices Infotainment System, Rear-Camera Display
Interior available on the SX
- Back-Up Warning System, Auto-Dimming Mirror with HomeLink, Cooling Glove Box, Ventilated Front Seats, Aluminum Scuff Plates
- Infinity Surround Sound Audio System with External Amplifier & Subwoofer & HD Radio, Voice-Command Navigation with 7-inch Color Touch-Screen Display & Sirius Traffic
2016 Kia Sportage Safety
The 2016 Kia Sportage received the highest possible five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), showcasing Kia’s dedication to safety. It was also named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), showing that the 2016 Sportage will help keep your family safe while you’re out on the road.
Standard Safety Features
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- Rollover Sensor
- Front Active Headrests
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes with Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Downhill Brake Control (DBC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.