2017 Buick Envision Overview
Nestled between the large and compact SUV segments is the mid-size segment, which is quickly becoming more and more competitive. Leading the pack in the premium field, though, is the 2017 Buick Envision. This new SUV from Buick sits between the brand’s popular Encore and three-row Enclave, which makes it a great choice for families that want great fuel efficiency with plenty of power. With high-quality features both inside and out, the 2017 Envision is the right choice for those that want practical features that are also luxurious.
Get the Best Car-Related App: Stay connected and avoid traffic with ease
[wptab name=”What’s New”]
What’s New for the 2017 Buick Envision
The 2017 Buick Envision is still brand-spanking-new in the automotive industry, having debuted as a late 2016 model with two trim levels. Now, the Envision has two lower trim levels that add the option of front-wheel drive.
The 2017 Buick Envision is offered in four trim levels: Preferred, Essence, Premium, and Premium II. The Preferred and Essence trims are offered with FWD or with optional AWD, but the Premium and Premium II trims only are available with AWD.
2017 Buick Envision Photos:
2017 Buick Envision Exterior
The 2017 Buick Envision manages to assert itself in a crowded segment with its sculpted angles and sweeping body lines, which create an attractive silhouette that’s hard to ignore. This SUV’s front end is characteristic of Buick’s design language, displaying the tri-shield badge proudly on its rounded nose. Chrome accents and winged LED headlights give the 2017 Envision a hint of elegance, making it an attractive choice.
2017 Buick Envision Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Preferred:
- 17-inch spare tire, Automatic delay headlamps, Automatic on and off headlamp control, Daytime Running Lamps, LED signature lighting, Body-color door handles, Front fog lamps, Halogen composite headlamps, Hands-free power liftgate, Power-adjustable heated outside mirrors, 18-inch 10-spoke painted aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the Essence:
- Chrome roof rails, 18-inch polished aluminum wheels
Exterior available on the Premium:
- 19-inch 10-spoke aluminum wheels with Manoogian Silver finish, Rain-sensing front wipers
Exterior available on the Premium II:
- Articulating headlamps, High-intensity discharge (HID) projector beam headlamps, IntelliBeam headlamps
2017 Buick Envision Performance
There are two engine options available, but each depends on the trim level chosen. The two lower trim levels—Preferred and Essence—come with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 197 horsepower and 192 lb-ft of torque. These models come with a standard six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. There are no other transmissions offered with this engine, but drivers can choose an optional all-wheel drive system.
The second engine option is available on the Premium and Premium II trims. It is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. Like the other engine, this one is only available with a six-speed automatic. It comes standard with all-wheel drive, though. When properly equipped any Envision model can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
2017 Buick Envision Efficiency
Depending on the engine and drivetrain combination chosen, the fuel efficiency rating for the 2017 Envision fluctuates. The front-wheel-drive model with a 2.5-liter engine gets 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway, while the model with all-wheel drive gets 21 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. For the turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, the Envision gets 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
2017 Buick Envision Interior
While the 2017 Envision’s exterior seems like a timeless classic, its interior has a thoroughly modern design with thoughtfully placed controls. The material quality is high despite the model’s affordable price. Though this is a mid-size SUV, the Envision makes passengers feel as if they’re in a car due to its low dashboard. No matter what seats you’re in, you will find that they are comfortable to help you have an enjoyable ride. Features like standard active noise cancellation make sure you have a pleasant drive, even on the highway. Overall, this SUV’s interior holds its own with ease.
2017 Buick Envision Interior Photos:
Interior available on the Preferred:
- Active noise cancellation technology, Active noise cancellation technology, Front bucket seats, Four-way adjustable head restraints, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel, Passenger 8-way power seat with power lumbar adjuster, Rear one-touch flat-folding seat, Rear 60/40 split-folding seat, Driver 8-way adjustable seat with power lumbar adjuster, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Steering wheel controls
- Buick IntelliLink® Radio audio system with 8-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen, Dual USB ports, Auxiliary 12-volt power outlets, Driver Information Center with 4.2-inch multi-color display, Keyless Open, OnStar® 4G LTE, OnStar® Basic Plan for 5 years, OnStar® Guidance Plan for 3 months, QuietTuning™, Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist, Rear Vision Camera, Remote vehicle starter system, Retained accessory power, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Teen Driver, Universal Home Remote
Interior available on the Essence:
- Air conditioning with tri-zone automatic climate control, Heated rear outboard seating positions, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-appointed seating, Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
Interior available on the Premium:
- 120-volt power outlet, Bose® premium 7-speaker system, Driver Information Center with enhanced 8-inch multi-color configurable display, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
Interior available on the Premium II:
- Cooled driver seat, Manual seat adjuster with thigh support
- Automatic Park Assist, Buick IntelliLink® Radio with Navigation with 8-inch diagonal Color Touch Screen, Head-Up Display
2017 Buick Envision Safety
There are a number of safety features that come standard and option on the Buick Envision. Optional features include rear cross-traffic alert, a blind-spot monitor, frontal collision alert, lane-keeping assist, and safety alert driver seat.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Daytime Running Lamps, LED signature lighting
- Rear electric child security door locks
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren)
- OnStar® Basic Plan for 5 years
- Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist
- Rear Vision Camera
- StabiliTrak® stability control system
- Tire Pressure Monitor
The News Wheel is a digital auto magazine providing readers with a fresh perspective on the latest car news. We’re located in the heart of America (Dayton, Ohio) and our goal is to deliver an entertaining and informative perspective on what’s trending in the automotive world. See more articles from The News Wheel.